Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Look at this baby!!!!
    TRHkg6962740-jpg_213212.jpg

It's a rare pink diamond!
    Huge rare pink diamond found in Australia - Yahoo! News

So who wants to be my new #2. 1st person to bring it back is the winner. :rofl:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Look at this baby!!!!
    TRHkg6962740-jpg_213212.jpg

It's a rare pink diamond!
    Huge rare pink diamond found in Australia - Yahoo! News

So who wants to be my new #2. 1st person to bring it back is the winner. :rofl:

I wouldn't trade it for my beautifully camo'd GLOCK. :D

@ Melensdad ... I have to agree with you that wherever that road goes up, it will isolate (insulate?) points south and increase development north of the route. Great ... the slime will ooze further south of 30 and east of the state line.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    @ Melensdad ... I have to agree with you that wherever that road goes up, it will isolate (insulate?) points south and increase development north of the route. Great ... the slime will ooze further south of 30 and east of the state line.

Being a "limited access" roadway, it will cut off whole sections of the south lands. The only ares that will develop will be where there is an interchange and I suspect there will be an interchange at US41 on the west of Lowell, there will likely also be an exit on the east side of town, maybe at 55? The first exit west of the IN/IL state line will likely be IL 1 (Dixie Hwy).

The big questions I have is will they build over-passes over some of the North South streets like State Line Road or will they simply terminate some of those roads. I suspect that Sheffield will be terminated on the north side of the new roadway because that road ends at 169th and the new E-W tollroad is supposed to run between 165th and 169th. So they could simply terminate it and shorten it a couple blocks.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So you really think that development will be confined to areas near the proposed interchanges (with the rest of the area developing at a natural rate)? Interesting ... I had not caught the part about it being limited access.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So you really think that development will be confined to areas near the proposed interchanges (with the rest of the area developing at a natural rate)? Interesting ... I had not caught the part about it being limited access.

It will be part of the INTERSTATE system, and probably a TOLLROAD. So think of how many exits there are on the 80-90 Tollroad between Chicago and South Bend. There are stretches were its 10+ miles between exits, and the only exits are located at state highways. So logically there would be 1 exit at US41 on the west side of Lowell. Logically there would be an exit at IL 1 just south of Beecher. Its debatable if there would be a need for an exit at SR 55 on the east side of Lowell but I'd bet that there will be one at that crossing.

So again, looking around the nation at the interstate roadway system and the growth that exists, its logical that the interchanges will be where there will be some commercial growth with truck stops, plazas, shopping, etc. A decade after those are in place then there will be some added sprawl around those. But if you look at the points that are in between the exits you will also see very low density population land use.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Nobody wants us. :crying:

Maybe CTC B4Z and I will forge a new colony of winners right here in SJ since none of you losers want us. @ Melensdad ... you're still north of somebody and probably considered as one of those people to them.

For the record, I would still move south of the new route.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just for that ... I might buy/build a house across from you and put up ten HAM radio/repeater antennas, paint them pink ... and have Jediagh over every day.

Let me know when you do that. I will foot the bill for it by having them raise melensdad's county taxes just for this. After all the county needs a new emergency repeater! :D

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Well, depending on how well he greased the skids (it is lake county after all) I'd be willing to bet he could put that repeater up next to your pool. What with imminent domain and all.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Just went to the bank to cash in my change that I've accrued over the years... I left out all the nickels because I heard they were worth more as scrap..

Of course I get home from the bank having "made" $7.61 in change and I do some googling. I'd have to have thousands of the buggers AND they'd all have to be prior to a certain date. So I probably spent about $1 in gas to get to the bank and back... might as well have taken the frigging nickels with me.

Ah, at least payday is tomorrow.

Felt weird walking into a bank armed with a loaded pistol though... I must admit I was CC'ing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom