• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I hope it doesn't lead to any development around US41 and Belshaw rd. I am surrounded by farmland and like it that way. I am in phase 2 of Lowells big annexation plan. I hope that never happens. That would probably mean no more shooting in the back yard.

It will, but there will be others that will develop first. The first to develop would likely be between 165th north to 133rd (Cedar Lake). The interchange will likely be adjacent to 165th street and US 41. So right at 165th there will be development. There is already a growing population between Cedar Lake and Lowell, so seeing commercial development between the 2 would be logical. The next would be RT 2 (181st) and US41, which would be about 3 miles due south of the new interchange.

Belshaw road, as it goes west into IL turns into RT 17(?) so its likely that will eventually develop, but its also likely that it will take some time before it gets that far.

Honestly I think all of this is YEARS away from happening. I think it WILL HAPPEN, but its simply likely that we are talking about 2020 before there is any sort of commercial anything on US41 at the new interchange. Probably 2030 before anything substantial happens at Belshaw road.

I'm almost on the State Line, well west of town, I don't think they will get around to even attempting to annex my property until long after I am dead and gone.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    My home state (Commonwealth, but that sounds silly) Virginia has been going developing at a fairly steady and respectable clip for the last 25-30 years, owing in no small part to the I-95, I-64, and to a lesser extent, I-81. There have been pockets of rapid growth in the east near the coast in Hampton Roads, and around the capital of Richmond in the center of the state, not to mention Northern Virginia, which is a retarded cesspool of varicose veins that was actually designed to prevent access into Washington.

Anyway, "development," usually just means re-zoning agricultural or residential to commercial, and until roads and population--spec or otherwise--justify new stop-lights, reservoirs, TGI-Fridays or Best-Buys, growth will be slow and cautious. Neighborhoods take time to develop, traffic patterns, water and sewer lines, adequate power generation. Don't get me wrong, even the most rural area can be mini-malled up fairly quickly, but there are positives too: increased tax revenue, easier access to goods and services (greatly appreciated as age sets in), and God forbid farmers should have the option to make some money on their acreage, because the government sure as hell won't let them make it on the sale of milk.

Here's something to think about: in 1970, Blacksburg, VA, where Virginia Tech is located, was a back-woods mountain farming community with a small Polytechnical Institute on some land bequeathed by a few wealthy families. Now, one can still get to the mountains from downtown in about 20 minutes, and rocky grazing land goes for $150K-$300K per acre. No need to go into other benefits, only throwing out there that a little rural development ain't all that bad (not to mention it ain't all that fast).

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I am going to Blyths to shoot a sig p250 that another INGOer let me borrow. Should be up there by 12:30 if anyone wants to join me.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    The state or whoever is putting in ANOTHER frigging stop light south of Woodhollow and north of Hart Road on US41 in Schererville. It's bad enough as it is with those two and the one at the "Square" between Woodhollow and Main St. It's barely a 1/4 mile between Hart Rd and Woodhollow it seems.

Shouldn't there be rules against those things.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    The state or whoever is putting in ANOTHER frigging stop light south of Woodhollow and north of Hart Road on US41 in Schererville. It's bad enough as it is with those two and the one at the "Square" between Woodhollow and Main St. It's barely a 1/4 mile between Hart Rd and Woodhollow it seems.

Shouldn't there be rules against those things.
    should be buut theres not, it takes me 12 minutes to get from my house to route 30 then another 15 to get to 45th street every morning, sucks. :xmad:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Im less than a mile North of where I think the road is proposed. I believe it follows that right of way of high tension wires? I use Holtz and Morse streets all the time to drive South to Lowell. I can't imagine that those roads would be closed off:( Im not too happy at the idea of the noise generated by the road.

I don't understand why it can't go a few miles South of the development of Lowell

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Eating in St John?

I have a lunch date with a young lady next week. My choices were Ciao Bella in Schererville or Latitude or Goodfellas in Cedar Lake. She is really pushing to do lunch somewhere in St. John. I haven't really seen any similar places driving down 41 through St. John I like Dicks Resturant, but not really for this event. What can you guys recommend?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have a lunch date with a young lady next week. My choices were Ciao Bella in Schererville or Latitude or Goodfellas in Cedar Lake. She is really pushing to do lunch somewhere in St. John. I haven't really seen any similar places driving down 41 through St. John I like Dicks Resturant, but not really for this event. What can you guys recommend?

if she is pushing for sj then she likes sj and i would advise to RUN AWAY AS FAST as you can. :laugh:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell

La Caretta in S'ville... tell her its "North St John"

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI

Have you been to either? Latitude 41 is really good, with a cozier enviroment. Goodfellas is good too, with a more "fun" vibe to it. If you can get her to Lowell, Mi Ranchito is fantstic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom