• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thank melensdad. I am hopping to take my son to On Target on Saturday. The web sit says they have a youth starter class for $6.00 I think we will go from there.

Yes, and the indoor range seems to be pretty nice. The shop is jam packed with stuff, but you won't find a good selection of youth bows. I know of no shop that does. He does have stuff you son can use and I spoke with Mike S the times I've been in there. He's very helpful, related the tip weights to bullet weights, helped me understand how things worked, etc.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I was going to try to head out to Winamac on Sunday. Is the RO still out there, or is he gone for the year? And do you think they would be closed for New Years Day for any reason?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was going to try to head out to Winamac on Sunday. Is the RO still out there, or is he gone for the year? And do you think they would be closed for New Years Day for any reason?

New Years Day is MONDAY 1 JAN 2012 and all DNR ranges are ALWAYS closed on MONDAYS. :(

Also I believe that the RO is off effective 01 DEC 11 thru 31 JAN 12 but not sure.

-Jedi

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I was thinking about going out on Saturday to sight in the newly built franken-ar (PSA lower, Stag upper), but really didn't wanna drive all the way out to winamac. Any suggestions for somewhere closer?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was thinking about going out on Saturday to sight in the newly built franken-ar (PSA lower, Stag upper), but really didn't wanna drive all the way out to winamac. Any suggestions for somewhere closer?

WD will be here in 12 hours to tell you all about how Kingerbury (??sp??) is the greatest range in the whole wide world! :rolleyes:

-Jedi

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks Bob for the advice on the archery.

We have around a 40ft back yard, about 70ft diagonally. There's a park right in my subdivision which is barely used I could probably go to, but no doubt someone would call the Po-leece. It has a soccer pitch on it so there's around 100yards or so of free space to loose(lose!) arrows in.

I'll see what I can do in the new year about buying a bow. I take the advice about the low draw weight.

BTW.. happy birthday to me for the 29th... Yay. Go me.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Anybody interested in going shooting on Tuesday? I SHOULD be free that day and I'm itching to sight in the new scope on the AR.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I am on vacation all of next week. I am going to kodiak ether Monday or Tuesday. I am hopping my neighbor will come to. If anybody else want to come let me know. We maybe able to carpool over there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom