• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, He just has cooler trigger parts in those... The saiga is a time proven design... and the parts are cheap, it's just that whole legal thing that keeps the saiga from shining at it's full potential...

and Young Jedi, you must come to the dark side... There are way too many neat firearms out there and therefore so many things to experience and have fun shooting... You must get a couple safes and fill them daily in order to achieve your calling in life.... Oh, and convince your wife that it is a investment or you'll be living in those safes, and it's hard to get out of one once your in there..... So go out and get your first Marlin, then another 1022, then a Saiga, then, then, then.........

Just trying to help....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I forgot to look when I was in there this morning. I'll probably be back there tomorrow anyways.:D

The letter of the day for you is.....

images

:laugh::laugh::laugh:;)

So go out and get your first Marlin, then another 1022, then a Saiga, then, then, then.........

Just trying to help....

Just saying right? ;)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Toke the family out to the rail cats game Friday. It was a great game. Had a good time. I CC like I always do. The problem I had was sit on the end of the row when u have people all throw the game getting up and you have to to let them out I was starting to wory about my t shirt riding up and it showing. I think I am going to set in the middle and be the one that is a pain in the but. Just something to think of.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Toke the family out to the rail cats game Friday. It was a great game. Had a good time. I CC like I always do. The problem I had was sit on the end of the row when u have people all throw the game getting up and you have to to let them out I was starting to wory about my t shirt riding up and it showing. I think I am going to set in the middle and be the one that is a pain in the but. Just something to think of.
    i was gonna go but went to the indy1500. guns>baseball. to bad i found the raven concealment booth to late

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Being that I am a cubs fan. I been to mine more sox games. I could always get free ticket to the games before they became the champs. It is a nice stadium to watch a game.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's cool. I've never really been into minor league baseball, though.

:stickpoke:

smiley-laughing021.gif

I don't care for baseball but I really hate "cub fans that ride the south shore train". 75% of the time they come back to NWI drunk causing all sort of trouble on the train and a few times espeically on a friday the south shore has to do an unscheduled stop so that Metra Police can get on the train and arrest them. This delays the train and/or the ones that are getting ready to leave the station! :xmad:

You want to get drunk fine. Just don't get on the train and make us all late going home! :(

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    smiley-laughing021.gif

I don't care for baseball but I really hate "cub fans that ride the south shore train". 75% of the time they come back to NWI drunk causing all sort of trouble on the train and a few times espeically on a friday the south shore has to do an unscheduled stop so that Metra Police can get on the train and arrest them. This delays the train and/or the ones that are getting ready to leave the station! :xmad:

You want to get drunk fine. Just don't get on the train and make us all late going home! :(

Man it happens one time to me and it rulings it for ever one. Should be in purple.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Man it happens one time to me and it rulings it for ever one. Should be in purple.

Don't worry we commutters "hate" **ALL** non-comutters on the train.

-The visiting tourist family who goes to see downtown and is coming back with tons of bags and they can't find seats where they can all sit together. & they make a big stink that the rush hour train is packed and they have to stand. :rolleyes:

- The airport traveler that has 3 pieces of luggage and is holding up traffic at the train stops and/or using a 3 seater for him/herself and their luggage.

- The person that needs medcial attention while on the train and we have to wait for the EMTs to arrive! You not feeling go best not get on the train. Or can we just open the door and toss you out while we get close to a station. The rest of us want to get home!

Yes I sound bitter and I guess I am. You just don't mess with the train schedule when we are trying to get home. If you die on the train, it's best for your family to wait until **AFTER** the last stop to let the train know. Why?

Let me tell you a story.
    2011 Friday rush hour training heading out of downtown. Old man leans against the window looks like he is asleep. Us regulars do not bother him. We have seen more than enough people just pass out (sleeping), snoring, drunk, etc. on the train. So it's not uncommon. Plus if you miss your stop becuase you were alseep well that is YOUR problem. If your dead, the conductor will handle it at the end of the line (South Bend, Michigan City or Gary depending on the train).

So this young one-timer couple gets on at downtown and they notice the guy. They make a comment to others in the car, but most of us just ignore them and tell them he is probably just sleeping. Although if you look closely it does look like he is dead. :dunno:

Well the guy taps the old man. No response. He nudges him and the guy slumps over hard into the seat. The kid scared runs off to get a conductor. GREAT!! GREAT!!! We are going to be late now. Conductor sees the situation, checks for a pulse, calls dispatch, dispatch calls Metra Police and EMTs. Bye, bye train leaving on time. :( EMTs try CPR, try the defib and nothing. 40 mins later the roll him out (dead) on a stretcher with a white blanket over him. It appears the guy died from a heat stroke.

Had those stupid kids NOT touhced the man we would have left on time and this would have been found out in Michigan City (end of line). But nnnnnnooooooo made us all late.

Now wait don't think this is just about me crying about being late. Here is the bigger kicker! The dead man's family has a very hard time, tons of paperwork and a much bigger expense getting the body out of IL and especially the City of Chicago. It took 10 days to get the body out!!!
    Had the body been discovered on the IN side no issues.

So moral of the story. Don't touch the dead people until we get across the state line **AND** all the commutters are off. It's the least you can do. ;)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, You know I can fully understand your need to get home and the fact that in the one story you provided the guy was dead already, but until you know the passenger is already dead your stuck with a medical emergency, and the time to act in order to save a persons life is normally a very precious small period of time... Sooo the proper thing is to check the individual out and make sure if he needs assistance or not, or those upset train commuters might be the murders and not just people on a train trying to get home....

Case in point... Local Police Department picks up a guy for drunk and disorderly, although this guy showed all the classic signs of being drunk and all out mean and loud and out spoken and slurred speech etc... This person didn't have any smell of alcohol on his breath... They put him in a cell and let him sleep it off. After a little while that's what appears to have happened, he gets quiet and goes to sleep. Morning comes and they try getting him to wake up and find out some more information about him so they can decide what to do with him, but guess what...

He wasn't drunk at all, he was a diabetic and in a low blood sugar reaction when they picked him up.... Now he's dead....

All things are not always what they appear to be, check it out, you may save ones life....

Just saying...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Case in point... Local Police Department picks up a guy for drunk and disorderly, although this guy showed all the classic signs of being drunk and all out mean and loud and out spoken and slurred speech etc... This person didn't have any smell of alcohol on his breath... They put him in a cell and let him sleep it off. After a little while that's what appears to have happened, he gets quiet and goes to sleep. Morning comes and they try getting him to wake up and find out some more information about him so they can decide what to do with him, but guess what...

He wasn't drunk at all, he was a diabetic and in a low blood sugar reaction when they picked him up.... Now he's dead....
    Didn't the E.C. cops beat the c##p out of a guy they though was dui, only to find out he was diabetic?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

All things are not always what they appear to be, check it out, you may save ones life....

Just saying...

:( Yes I know I should have more compassion for my fellow man & this is a good point why. I'll think of this one the next time I lead the crowd of comutters to toss the "sick person" off the train. ;)
    :faint: Hard head yes i know. If I know the person I won't kick them off the train. All one timers/tourit you are on your own. :D

@Bill B
    No that only happens in "your people" city. My old city would never do that!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, I believe that was EC bill....

Jedi, What comes around goes around, your compassion for your fellow man may actually be the compassion you recieve when your down and out someday...

Were human beings, generally the smartest creatures on the planet, but also the most vulnerable physically also...

Just a thought...

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Ya, I believe that was EC bill....

Jedi, What comes around goes around, your compassion for your fellow man may actually be the compassion you recieve when your down and out someday...

Were human beings, generally the smartest creatures on the planet, but also the most vulnerable physically also...

Just a thought...

Wow. Look at the big heart on gunbunnies. Whoda thunk. I guess me and jedi won't invite you along for one of our trips to the city where we put out cigarettes on the sleeping homelesss people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom