• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So would any one laugh at me if I try to smoke a cigar tomorrow since I'm a cigar virgin? :D
    Be careful, they're addictive...

No really, the surgeon general says so.

What Joe said :yes way:

Actually as for smoking a cigar, you never inhale the smoke, you only bring it into your mouth to get the flavor. But you also want to get a mild cigar because the nicotine from the cigar will be absorbed even if you don't inhale. A strong cigar (nicotine intensity) will make you sick if you are not used to nicotine.

FWIW, while I am a casual cigar smoker I have never smoked cigarettes (or pot) in my life. So I've never inhaled.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Just got to the 1101, about to light up a God of Fire. Ran late, had to stop at portage to pick up my nephew to take him to school, because he missed his bus. Smh

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    My wife would LOVE that. :laugh:

Ditto LOL.

She hates all women anyway.

I won't be at the Cigar lounge until around 12. I didn't even crawl out of my pit until 10 and I haven't even had half my coffee yet LOL.

Bob. Thanks. I'll try and stop by before you head out of there - not sure when that'll be though. Like I said hopefully around 12.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Just got back from errands. Stopped by the 1101 around 12 ish. Met Nick Frost again and Bob and his camp shirt... :D :gheyhi:

Picked up a cigar which I would've liked to have smoked in situ but I'm already coughing my lungs up and can't breathe so adding smoke into that wouldn't have been good.

:P

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Took my dad to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. I'm wearing my HK shirt. A guy in the elevator struck up a short conversation about HK and guns. Some of the other people in the elevator were visibly unnerved. :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My new NATURAL gas generator is installed and operational.:rockwoot:

Sweet. Is it an air cooled 3600 rpm unit or a liquid cooled 1800 rpm unit?

I'm looking to upgrade from my 3600 rpm air cooled set up to one of the quieter, more durable 1800 rpm units but I can't find any that are dual or tri-fuel. There are lots of choices for 1800 rpm NG units. I'm just hoping to keep the flexibility of the tri-fuel units. Then again, I have not looked very hard. Its on the 'to do' list, but not at the top of the list.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Anyone going to the Smoke Out at Horseshoe tomorrow? I will most likely be there for work, handing out sample of booze and getting sloshed myself! If anyone is there, look for Patron, or Olinger, I should be around there.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Sweet. Is it an air cooled 3600 rpm unit or a liquid cooled 1800 rpm unit?

I'm looking to upgrade from my 3600 rpm air cooled set up to one of the quieter, more durable 1800 rpm units but I can't find any that are dual or tri-fuel. There are lots of choices for 1800 rpm NG units. I'm just hoping to keep the flexibility of the tri-fuel units. Then again, I have not looked very hard. Its on the 'to do' list, but not at the top of the list.

FWIW here is a link to convert pretty much any gas gen to Nat gas or Propane. The specific link is for my Honda gen model, but on the left side of the page you can find one for pretty much any small gas engine EX5500 Kits

Ive been meaning to get one of these kits for my gen for a long time but its one of those things that I loose interest in once my power is back on again.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    DON'T INHALE :n00b:

BTW, it was nice to put a face to a name. :ingo: Too bad I had to get out of there shortly after you showed up. I had a delivery coming to the house and needed to be there to unload the trailer.

We've met previously at a M&S but not for very long I don't think.

I smoked it when I got home and working on the car. It was good. I didn't inhale (well maybe accidentally once but not a great deal).

I have a headache now and feel a little shakey LOL. I haven't had any nicotine in a while so my body is getting used to it. Also lighting it was a little difficult but got there in the end. I'll practice that before I OC a cigar :P

Is there any point in smoking cheaper cigars... or is $4 about right for a decent quality smoke? It's not something I plan on doing every day but once in a while its not a bad price :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom