• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    No, had too many other things going on this weekend. On top of that, while there are MANY thing I WANT to purchase, I probably shouldn't be buying any of them. I'll probably sneak a few in here and there though.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Do you know a better way to make people who as a whole never honor their commitments? I've had as many as 40 people guarantee they'd show for an event. 7 showed including myself and my wife. This isn't just once or twice and it's not the same people backing out.

and yes they are.

Commit to me? No. Commit to the cause. If I'm going to take my valuable time only to have it squandered because more than half, in most cases 75% decide they have better things to do at the last minute.

Woodrow answered the second half of your question. Having a dozen or two people show up in Indy for an OC walk does nothing (for or against) our cause IMO.

I agree

See above. It's called becoming invested. Show up and get 100% of your money back. Don't show and the SAF gets a donation. It's not overboard considering 75% are likely to back out other wise. People who know that are not likely to take a vacation day from work (if they work on weekends) to show up for something minor.

I also think $50 is more appropriate than anything less because gas for many people is going to exceed that for their round trip anyway. Set it at $20 and there will be a few who say "So I lose $20, gas would have been $40 anyway, I'm sleepy from watching Friends reruns all night".

Again it comes down to peoples time more than anything. No one forces people to go to any rally or event, but if you commit to going, you should be there. That goes back to the laziest procrastinators I know part.

I'm simply tired of doing things for people who don't put forth the simple effort of just showing up when they say they will.

Touche......point well taken:D

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Cass County

Isaac Walton League
    1046 N. St. Rd. 17
    Logansport, IN 46947

Outdoor ranges 25, 50 100 yards
    Trap, Skeet

isaacwaltonleague.jpg

L'Anguille Practical Pistol League
    575 N.
    Twelve Mile
    , IN 46988

Outdoor range 25, 35, 50, 100 with overhead covering on 25 and 100
    Members only $35.00 per year with a one time $15.00 initiation fee.
    Organized competitions bi-monthly

ourrange-1.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    thanks 451_denotics!

I have update the post

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be in NOV. Go vote for the date!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14439-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_nov_date.html

Appleseed for NWI
    1 Day Course

23 OCT 2011 @ NPCCC, Chesterton, IN
    FULL but you can sign up for cancellation list
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for upcoming info.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone looking for a job? Past this info if you know someone is.

Hello:

Calumet Breweries is seeking Independent Contractors (Product Promotion and Sampling Services)
    **Hours per week, frequency of work, and days will vary (this is an “as needed” position) ideal hours/times are 2-8pm**
    Wage: $25.00 per hour

Job duties include:
    “Acting as an independent contractor on behalf of Calumet Breweries, Inc. providing promotional and sampling services of beer products at alcohol licensed retail establishments located in NW Indiana. Required services are scheduled in advance and on an appointment basis, and each booked job is independent. This is not an offer of employment. The job entails engaging the consuming and shopping patrons in discussion, sampling and purchase of various beer brands previously sold in to retail accounts by Calumet Breweries, Inc.”

Qualifications include:
    Minimum age requirement of 25 years old. Must have excellent communication skills and a professional appearance. Must be willing and interested in learning and expressing product knowledge. Must have own transportation.

To view or apply for this job posting in CareerTrax click the following link:
    https://www.myinterfase.com/purdue-calumet/job_view.aspx?token=nbgvd6g7HeYftdEOKhbKWg%3d%3d

Please feel free to contact our office or Calumet Breweries directly (contact information is listed in the job ad, click the link above) if you should have any questions.

Have a great weekend!

Debbie

Career Services
    Purdue University Calumet | 2200 169th Street | Hammond, IN 46323
    (: (219) 989-2600 | Fax: (219) 989-2770| Web: www.calumet.purdue.edu/careerservices

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Not too bad, just a little cold!

combat45acp, I just realized your store isn't too far away, I'll have to take a drive down one of these days!:)
    Don't have a "store", and operate out of a finished out building on the property, by appointment only, but would love to have you out someday. I could always demo a few silencers for you...we basically order firearms at a good price, and try to keep silencers in stock ;) .

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Don't have a "store", and operate out of a finished out building on the property, by appointment only, but would love to have you out someday. I could always demo a few silencers for you...we basically order firearms at a good price, and try to keep silencers in stock ;) .

Ah, ok. That would explain not having an address or hours on the website;)

While I'm here, what would your price be on a GSG 1911? You can PM if you'd like.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Ah, ok. That would explain not having an address or hours on the website;)

While I'm here, what would your price be on a GSG 1911? You can PM if you'd like.

Beware. He is a great salesman. I went there just looking to get his demo and bought one of his instock suppressors.

Deal with confidence!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Merry Christmas NWI! We are getting a Chick-fil-a! It is hopefully going to be where the Pizzeria Uno is by Southlake Mall. I've been waiting for this for a heck of a long time! If you have never had Chick-fil-a it is only the best chicken sandwich ever!:rockwoot:

Chick-fil-A restaurant plans approved

This should make Clif45 very, very happy. I think he's the one that is always talking about it & saying he stops by the one near the Midwest Gun Exchange place. Right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom