• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Well as usual, my weekly post in this thread.

Heading to the cigar lounge tomorrow, Thursday. Need some R&R, which includes a cigar and good conversation. So if you're free stop by. I'll probably get there around 930ish and stay til 230ish.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell

Heading to the cigar lounge tomorrow, Thursday. Need some R&R, which includes a cigar and good conversation. So if you're free stop by. I'll probably get there around 930ish and stay til 230ish.

Which is almost my entire work day LOL. I get off at 3p or I'd stop by. Plus I'm running on fumes right now.

Anyone gonna be there after 3? I might stop by for a chat and some BS'ing, since I don't smoke...yet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll be there this morning, probably well before Andy. The shop opens at 9am, but I often get there earlier and I let in gun friendly folks. Likely that I'll be there about 8:30. But I'm leaving early today so I won't be there too much later than lunchtime.

If you see a dark blue VW Touareg SUV in the parking lot then I'm there.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Do you typically change rotors even if the pads havent grinded them down? My pads still have about 20%, i just figure while im doing the struts, might as well do the brakes

You can go ahead and look at the quality of the rotors. If they're all scored and screwed up then I'd replace them, and if they're wearing out un-evenly then I'd replace them too.

When you get the old pads off take a look at them and make sure they're wearing evenly, or you have some sticky slide pins.

Are you replacing the struts because they're worn out/leaking, or are you doing it for S&Gs? I'd have thought 07 is too early to replace most things on a Mazda. My 94 Toyota is on the original struts. I found a date sticker on them the other day when I did my own brakes

12/11/1993

The great thing about the brake pads I sell at work is they're warrantied for any reason what-so-ever. You could have the worst rotors in history and wear your pads out in a week, but we'll still give you brand new pads for free.

Rotors are warrantied for 2 years and the same applies.. you can bring them back within the 2 year period for free replacement (so for $50 you essentially get two rotors, since the warranty runs out at 2 years even if you get free replacements).

Most auto stores sell a load of crap and I admit there's a lot of stuff I won't sell you, but I am genuinely enthusiastic about the brakes, especially the better quality ones - the warranty makes it a no brainer for buying the ceramic pads/high quality.

Just my :twocents:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Which is almost my entire work day LOL. I get off at 3p or I'd stop by. Plus I'm running on fumes right now.

Anyone gonna be there after 3? I might stop by for a chat and some BS'ing, since I don't smoke...yet.

My afternoon plans may be falling through so there may be a chance I'll be there still or ill be back. If you see a some king of color KIA sorento, I'm there. Or if you don't see it and its windy it may have blown away.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . Or if you don't see it and its windy it may have blown away.
    I know you complain about that Kia all the time but that comment right there, that is just funny :)::)::):

On the other hand, my VW Touareg weighs in at about 6000#, it won't blow away but it leaves ruts in the yard if I drive across the grass . . . don't ask how I know . . . but my wife is blaming 'those kids' down the road.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

Not sure anyone will wanna show up. Seems every time you are there it turns into some kind of biohazard event...:laugh:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I know you complain about that Kia all the time but that comment right there, that is just funny :)::)::):

On the other hand, my VW Touareg weighs in at about 6000#, it won't blow away but it leaves ruts in the yard if I drive across the grass . . . don't ask how I know . . . but my wife is blaming 'those kids' down the road.

Darn kids, if they had my KIA they wouldn't have that problem, unless the grass was wet, then theyd just spin the tires.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    gooby pls

133354537454.png

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You guys are lucky I don't know where this place is at, or I might down a can of chili and ruin your day :D

Ok, lets see, one can of chili (with beans) versus a handful of guys smoking stinky cigars. Seriously you think we can smell your farts? :facepalm: Not even if you did a White Castle and Pabst Blue Ribbon chaser after that chili.

BTW, I'm heading out the door now. Going to Starbucks, then to Home Depot or Menards to pick up a couple downspout extenders, then to the cigar lounge. Should be there by 9:00 when it opens.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Don't be too proud of this tobacco terror you've constructed. The ability to stink a room, or even a whole building, is insignificant next to the power of the Farts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom