• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Wow what a ****ty car day. Left my first stop (St John Liquors) and got to the back of Kmart's parking lot and realized I had a flat. Pulled it off and it was WRECKED. Threw the doughnut on and headed up 41. Leeps didn't have the size I needed so I kept heading up towards Meijer to the tire place they have in front of the store, but saw Mr. Tire first just North of Stracks/Walmart.

Stopped in there, and since the other 3 tires were pretty old, I said replace them too. They were working on the alignment, when they noticed that one of my lower ball joints was bad (the one for the tire that blew). Figured I should replace that too so the tire wouldn't go bad again. Needless to say my wallet is quite a bit lighter this evening.

Oh yea, and I still had to finish all my stops since my boss couldn't cover for me. Spent the rest of the day running about 3 hours behind.

Should go to mighty mikes across from k mart. My dad owns the auto shop inside.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wow what a ****ty car day. Left my first stop (St John Liquors) and got to the back of Kmart's parking lot and realized I had a flat. Pulled it off and it was WRECKED. Threw the doughnut on and headed up 41. Leeps didn't have the size I needed so I kept heading up towards Meijer to the tire place they have in front of the store, but saw Mr. Tire first just North of Stracks/Walmart.

Stopped in there, and since the other 3 tires were pretty old, I said replace them too. They were working on the alignment, when they noticed that one of my lower ball joints was bad (the one for the tire that blew). Figured I should replace that too so the tire wouldn't go bad again. Needless to say my wallet is quite a bit lighter this evening.

Oh yea, and I still had to finish all my stops since my boss couldn't cover for me. Spent the rest of the day running about 3 hours behind.

Should have called me. I'd have picked you up and brought you back to the cigar lounge, you could have used the internet and the phone to call your accounts and take orders over the phone while your tire was being repaired. I'd have taken you back to your car when it was done. I was there until 5:30 today!!!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Should go to mighty mikes across from k mart. My dad owns the auto shop inside.
    Didn't know there was something there. I just started heading towards 30 because I figured something would be up around there.

Should have called me. I'd have picked you up and brought you back to the cigar lounge, you could have used the internet and the phone to call your accounts and take orders over the phone while your tire was being repaired. I'd have taken you back to your car when it was done. I was there until 5:30 today!!!
    Didn't even think of this. I did drive by later in the day thinking that I could have really used a cigar, but the wife came home early with a strained back, so I needed to get home.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Was her name Sarah, New Bomb? IF so she runs the store now LOL.

Y'all can come in to my work.. frankly more people OCing in there the better. 99% of the crew are pro 2A. I haven't asked the boss yet how she feels. I've OC'd in there on my days off and no-one says anything. They all know I carry everywhere else.

We're also cop friendly, service (military) friendly, EMT/Fire friendly too... :p

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Oh.. and I have a confession to make... tonight I.. went..to..the..other..side.

Illinois...

EEK.

I survived it.

I went DEEP into Will County ... well my buddies house which is literally 500 yards from stateline road. LOL.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Before I end up paying a shop to do some work on my car, are there any mechanics on here? I need all 4the struts replaced and brakes all the way arround (all disk) on my 2007 mazda 3.
    PM me a price if you are a mechanic looking for side work.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Before I end up paying a shop to do some work on my car, are there any mechanics on here? I need all 4the struts replaced and brakes all the way arround (all disk) on my 2007 mazda 3.
    PM me a price if you are a mechanic looking for side work.

I'm not a mechanic but I know a guy who is - our very own Kevin (darkevin) here on INGO.

I can also give you quotes for the parts you need too if you haven't sourced them yet.

Rotors are usually $40 each, discs I'm going to sell you on the ceramics which are usually $50-60, but they're lifetime warrantied - wear them out, bring them back, get brand new ones for free... for.. life.

Ya know what, I'm working from 7a to 3p tomorrow - feel free to stop by. I'm not going to sell you crap because I consider my INGO bretheren mia familia.

Last edited:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Autozone in S'ville.

Give darkkevin a PM. He definitely knows his stuff and shoot, we should keep it in the family.

I can definitely get you the pads and rotors but get Kev's opinion on the shocks.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Do you typically change rotors even if the pads havent grinded them down? My pads still have about 20%, i just figure while im doing the struts, might as well do the brakes

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My F-150 doesn't really need anything right now, but my sister's Focus is crapping itself all the time. I'll be sure to OC next time I'm there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom