Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    god I will never own a gasser again... such a waste

The problem is that Ford won't sell us a light duty diesel truck engine. It would be great to get a modest diesel in the Explorer, the F150 and the Expedition.

As it sits, if you want a diesel SUV you need to go to VW, Audi, BMW or Mercedes Benz. No light truck diesels are available here in the USA.

I bought a diesel VW Jetta for my daughter, that thing gets an honest 42+ miles per gallon during the summer with the AC running full blast while the cruise control is set at 75mph.

People wonder why I have 1000 gallons of diesel stored away for a rainy day.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    My buddy owns it. Its damn near impossible to clean after 15,000 people at all times. I go there to race, not sit and pee.

No biggie, we're big boys, we can pee anywhere!! I get free tix for Ultimate shoot outs or whatever they call em now all the time, prolly get A few extra if anyone wants to go.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I forgot I had this picture from the last shoot!

NapalmFTW's narrow victory over the only Qualk for 3rd place in the Rifle Competition tiebreaker shootout! Only won by 1 point! :nailbite:

picture.php

Oh, and congratulations again to Wild Deuce for taking 1st in the Rifle Competition and winning 1 year of site supporter status here on INGO! :rockwoot:

I apologize, but I cannot remember who ended up taking 2nd place. :dunno: But, congratulations nonetheless! :D

Finally, for those of you who participated in the Rifle Competition, what did you think about the way I tried to even the advantage of those using scopes over those using iron sights? Did it seem pretty fair? Any suggestions to close the gap even more? :dunno:

Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope you all had fun! :)

John
    :ingo:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    both ford and chevy have designs and hard parts to do their mid-size diesels... ford 4.4 and chevy 4.5.... but there is just "no demand"

Or maybe they just don't understand the market. There are waiting lines at the VW dealership for their TDI models. Something like 50% of the Jetta Sportwagons are oil burners, and 30% of the sedans are the same. VW is reportedly considering building diesel engines here in the US to meet demand for Audi and VW models because they don't have enough production capacity. Over at Mercedes Benz they can't make enough 350 Blue Tec engines and some of their models that offer that engine ship at a 40 to 50% rate of diesel.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does anybody in the Merrillville area (or surrounding) paint gun stocks??? Anybody have it done??

I've been thinking about getting Duracoat paint job, but don't have the time to learn to airbrush.

Talk to Wild Duece or GeronimoJoe.
    Both has experience doing it.

WWJPP

What would Jedi Paint Pink?

Everything....
    1053500-Royalty-Free-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Shiny-Pink-World-Globe.jpg

:rofl:
    -Jedi

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Or maybe they just don't understand the market. There are waiting lines at the VW dealership for their TDI models. Something like 50% of the Jetta Sportwagons are oil burners, and 30% of the sedans are the same. VW is reportedly considering building diesel engines here in the US to meet demand for Audi and VW models because they don't have enough production capacity. Over at Mercedes Benz they can't make enough 350 Blue Tec engines and some of their models that offer that engine ship at a 40 to 50% rate of diesel.

For once I agree 100% with you Bob. Diesels are BIG BIG BIG in the UK/Europe (as I'm sure you know).

If there was an affordable small diesel car that I could put my shooting stuff in then I would buy it. I don't care who makes it really (Jap ideally).

I also don't understand where all the GM small diesel knowledge went. Vauxhall is GM's arm in the UK and they have been producing them for years, as have Ford UK etc.

FIAT do diesels too, as do pretty much every car maker in Europe. The one thing I've never seen over here is a French car. Peugeot, Renault etc.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Clif45 and I went toe to toe for 1st. It took four rounds (two each) in the shootoff and the difference was under 1/2 inch.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Another great day to be an American. Took the kids fishing this morning and now we are at the park. What a beautiful day. Oh open carrying too. I love summer. It's so nice to let it all hang out. :)

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    If anyone is interested or willing to help with the Richard Mourdock U.S. Senate campaign in NWI, even on a small scale, would you please PM me. Right now, we are looking for people willing to canvas registered Republican or Independent voters in their local areas. Not a lot of hard work. We only need a few hours of your time. If you are uncomfortable with going door-to-door, there are other ways you could help.

Please visit the link and if you feel you want to help oust Lugar, send me that PM. I will put you in touch with the area coordinator. Ladies and Gents, it's time to put up. We can't sit back and be content with what we have here in Indiana.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom