• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I'm off all day Tuesday and Thursday. If you are up for it on one of those days, anytime works for me.

Score... I'm off Thursday too.

Now I need to go get my license for this year. I may end up spending one of my nights off fishing. Its been almost 5 months since I've gone.

Do it! It cost me $17 - paid up until 2013.

My dad just sold the boat. It's nice having my garage back, but I'll probly fish a lot less this year, if at all.

This makes David a sad panda.

I realised two things tonight... well, a few, here they are in no particular order:

I am glad there are honest people in this world - I lost something today at Cabelas and it got handed in. If you're reading this, thank you and I owe you a beer :)

Arby's make really, really, REALLY bad Reuben sandwiches :(

Cabelas has TOO much choice in fishing gear.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And Napalm, I offer you the chance to try before you buy, I have every type of real you could want to fish with in Indiana. everything from simple Zebco 33's to some 300 dollar baitcasting reels, along with an assortment of rods in different actions. If you want to try something before you spend money, let me know.

I just picked up a new Pflueger President and a nice Abu Garcia bait casting reel. Heading up to Canada in May for some Walleye and some Northern. I think I've got a couple Zebco 33's somewhere.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I just picked up a new Pflueger President and a nice Abu Garcia bait casting reel. Heading up to Canada in May for some Walleye and some Northern. I think I've got a couple Zebco 33's somewhere.

I had a few pflueger presidents back when 10 Ball Bearings was the best, they were great. But anymore, I just buy Bass Pro Shop brand reels, all the newest features at 1/3 less price. And every few years they do a nice trade in program. in the summer that benifits casting kids.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...r_2012_nwi_meet_and_shoot-12.html#post2748048

Pics are up of the M+S.

Also... I JUST looked at my fishing licence... apparently it's not valid until 4/1. Bugger.

Sadclown - I may have to take a rain check until next week. I will have some money to spend by then anyway.....assuming I don't buy the two guns I have my eye on, thanks to someone on here who knows who they are :P :P :P

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...r_2012_nwi_meet_and_shoot-12.html#post2748048

Pics are up of the M+S.

Also... I JUST looked at my fishing licence... apparently it's not valid until 4/1. Bugger.

Sadclown - I may have to take a rain check until next week. I will have some money to spend by then anyway.....assuming I don't buy the two guns I have my eye on, thanks to someone on here who knows who they are :P :P :P

you only need a licence to fish on public property, i got some private property about 3 miles from the Grand Kankakee Marsh.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    To melensdad.

Thanks for the reply.

No problem. Do yourself a favor, when you go to baggage claim ... let them know upfront you have a gun, show them the suitcase, open it, inspect with with them, take a camera phone picture of them inspecting it, and then photos of the case being closed, etc.

Remember, it is a violation of federal law for them to put a FIREARMS sticker on the outside of the suitcase. Makes it a target for baggage handlers, inspectors, etc.

I've never had a gun stolen while flying.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    No problem. Do yourself a favor, when you go to baggage claim ... let them know upfront you have a gun, show them the suitcase, open it, inspect with with them, take a camera phone picture of them inspecting it, and then photos of the case being closed, etc.

Remember, it is a violation of federal law for them to put a FIREARMS sticker on the outside of the suitcase. Makes it a target for baggage handlers, inspectors, etc.

I've been trying to read up on all of this. The thing that seems like I can't get a definite answer on is should the case be locked or unlocked. I am going to go ahead and just use the standard glock case.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My dad just sold the boat. It's nice having my garage back, but I'll probly fish a lot less this year, if at all.

@DaveGrave did you see the target we used this time at the M&S?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jediagh/guns/target/tagert2012-03swrebelfighter.png

Cabelas has TOO much choice in fishing gear.

It's far, far, far worse at Bass Pro in terms of choices. ;)

When r u flying next? ;):laugh:

-Jedi

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    When r u flying next? ;):laugh:

-Jedi
    Early April . . . but flying TO Boston and flying home FROM New York City. Not taking a gun to either of those cities. To make it worse, we are spending a week on college campuses looking at schools for my daughter. East coast liberal anti-gun campuses!

Going to visit Harvard, Brown, Brandies, Boston College, Yale and Fordham. I've already told her that I don't want her to go to Harvard because of the ultra-liber-tard bias. Boston College and Fordham are my favorites on the east coast. Washington University, U of Chicago and Northwestern my midwest favorites and the only 3 she is still looking at in the midwest. I've pretty must instructed her that she is NOT going to California. She's also looking at Oxford in England, we toured that this summer, along with Cambridge but she didn't like Cambridge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom