• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I'm looking into tacking on a beavertail. I know, I know, mil-spec was good enough for 75 years, why change it...the truth is, the grip safety is digging into my thumb (no callouses built up I suppose), and a beavertail is more comfortable. It's not a major addition, but will require some fitting (read: grinding) to the frame. Has anyone had 1911 custom experience with anyone local? I've looked at Gemini and many others on line, but the damn backlog for many is insane. For a full custom job, that's cool, but a beavertail and commander hammer, polishing the feed ramp...relatively minor alterations for someone with the skills.

Any local suggestions? If no names on an open post, PM me.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Just stumbled onto this thread, I'll have to tag it.

I'm not a 1911 guy, but I know Gutridge in griffith has a 1911 in the pictures of past work on his small website.

I've only used him for really simple stuff, just sights. So I don't know how his more serious work is (cuz' I'll probably never need it) or if that's up his alley, but he's been very nice with the small amount of work I've thrown his way.

Just my :twocents:.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I'm not a 1911 guy, but I know Gutridge in griffith has a 1911 in the pictures of past work on his small website.

I didn't really understand that first part about "not a 1911 guy." It sounds like a foreign language and isn't a concept with which I am familiar...

I have heard good things about Gutridge. I emailed him with no response yet, and I am going to stop by his shop tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I didn't really understand that first part about "not a 1911 guy." It sounds like a foreign language and isn't a concept with which I am familiar...

That must mean NWIeng is either
    1) a gangbanger Hi-Point user just like Andy219
    or
    2) a GLOCK fan boy that has had 1 too many ND since looking @ a GLOCK @ it goes BOOM!
    :laugh:

I have heard good things about Gutridge. I emailed him with no response yet, and I am going to stop by his shop tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

It's best to stop by the shop. He is "PC-shy" from the looks of it. Still does his accounting on paper for his biz and while he does read email he prefers f2f talk.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My wife had this shipped to the house today.

Its a full 6' tall :rockwoot: The block wall is about 4' tall so the top of his head is about 10' above the patio deck.

1a2.jpg

I have to admit, I love my wife. She does silly things and lets me buy guns. What more can a guy want in life?

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

Its a full 6' tall :rockwoot: The block wall is about 4' tall so the top of his head is about 10' above the patio deck.

1a2.jpg

I have to admit, I love my wife. She does silly things and lets me buy guns. What more can a guy want in life?

I want one...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The travel size is pretty cool. Might look good on a desktop too! Oh, and it will fit better in the small yards you guys who live in 'da hood' up there north of US30 have.

Oh don't be hating we have small yards cause we need to save space for roads and the drive-bys with those Hi-Points we have. :faint:

Paging Andy... Paging Andy... :laugh:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

1a2.jpg

Does it say GUM GUM DUMB DUMB, like from the movie Night at the museum?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Uh, last time I checked, Andy was one of the southern boys (south of US30) and doesn't live in da hood with you gangsta types ;) Griffith is da hood, right?

Hum.. that *IS* correct (SOUTH of US30) is the "country".
    Guess that makes Andy a "wanna be" gangsta only. :D Sry Andy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom