Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    DOH!!! We should have waited to do the group buy for this new 2012 radio that is coming.
    Brick O'Lore: Baofeng UV-5R: New Baofeng Model
    DSCN9985-719138.JPG

I'm sure that is the one DaveGrave really wanted.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Amy of you guys want to split a set of glock grips? They come in a set of 3.

TruGripUSA.com

Save your money ... you can stipple like some suggested (in the other thread).

If you don't have the time, PM me and I can cut you some grip decals from skateboard tape. I have a whole sheet here at home. It's da' bomb. If it's a GLOCK 19, I already have a pattern. I did my GLOCK with decals on both sides, backstrap, individual finger grooves, and under trigger guard.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    OOOOhhhhh you have stakeboard tape!
    I've been looking to get some so I can put on my 10/22 where I rest my left hand to give it more grip.

What kind of stock? I have a spare 10/22 stock (wood) around here that I can use to model some decals for you. Just give me an idea of what you are looking to put on your rifle. PM me and we can decide on how to make it happen.

If you want your own, the place just west of VonTobel Lumber (at Rt30 and Cline) sells the sheets of skateboard tape (very grippy sandpaper with an excellent adhesive backing).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    main.php

WD yes my 10/22 stock is the standard wooden one. I have 2 actually. Do you see where the first (closest in the image) is holding the rifle with her left hand? Around that area I wanted to add some "tape" so that it would be "grippy" and thus less easy to slip when I'm shooting.

oh BTW the members in this pic are at the far left is Davegrave, followed by Clif45 and last but not least magic man! :laugh:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I'm looking for reccomendations for SD ammo for my 9mm S&W 659.

There's so many different choices... anyone got any experience with it? Yes I plan on making sure it cycles with my gun before I decide on it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Honestly I think any of the new production, major brand, modern designs are excellent. Take your pick: Hornady TAP, Federal Hydra Shok, Federal HST, Winchester SXT, Remington Golden Saber, Cor-Bon, etc etc

On the other hand I would stay away from the small brands that hype their ammo but that nobody really knows about the ammo. That stuff may be good, but its essentially not tested against the other brands. The major brands are typically tested, tested again and then re-tested yet again and there are also typically real life shootings by police/FBI/etc that can show effectiveness.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

There's so many different choices... anyone got any experience with it? Yes I plan on making sure it cycles with my gun before I decide on it.

My top choice:
    Federal Tactical HST 124 grain (P9HST1)

Most accurate I have ever tested in my G19:
    Black Hills 124 grain JHP/XTP +P

Alternatives I would consider:
    Speer Gold Dot
    Remington Bonded Golden Saber

Good source for shopping. They often have the 50 round boxes available. Pick what works best in your gun. Reliability is number one criteria.

** Agree with Melensdad ... stay with the proven big names. They all engineer good stuff.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ** Agree with Melensdad ... stay with the proven big names. They all engineer good stuff.

But I tossed in another caveat. And that is MODERN/NEW PRODUCTION. I say that simply because technology has improved.

The Federal Hydra Shok WAS the state of the art round about a decade ago. Its still good. But the Federal HST is now considered better. Winchester Black Talons were considered state of the art, but were pulled from the market due to media and it came back as the SXT but even that has been changed. There have also been powder advances and now there is ammo tailored to short barrel (3" and 4") guns and full size (5") guns. So I think its best to look at some of the newest MAJOR brand designs because they keep improving the performance of their bullets and powders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom