• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Did you end up oc'ing? I got tired of that thread so I never caught back up with it.

Ha :D Yes I did. It was raining a bit when I first headed over there with the lady so I threw a sweatshirt over and semi-OC, and once the rain stopped I took the sweatshirt off and OC. No issues whatsoever. :patriot: Definitely a lower attendance this year due to the rain.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    My wife said the popcorn fest was a lot smaller than previous years. No booths on Michigan Street, and no booths in the lot north of Chase Bank. I was telling PatriotPride, I quit going a few years ago, same old thing every year.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    My wife said the popcorn fest was a lot smaller than previous years. No booths on Michigan Street, and no booths in the lot north of Chase Bank. I was telling PatriotPride, I quit going a few years ago, same old thing every year.

It becomes less and less impressive each year. I usually go for nostalgia's sake. I grew up going every year, so I try to attend, at least for a small amount of time :D

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Vacation!! I'm back visiting family in Virginia. Don't get me wrong, I love Indiana and I know how lucky I am with the situation I have. Good people and favorable laws, but damn...it's so great to be home.

Tomorrow or Monday, the wife and I are taking my Mother shooting for the first time at the new range in town. By "first time," I don't mean my first time shooting with her (which it certainly will be). This will be her first time EVER! My mother has no gun hang-ups, it's just never held any interest for her. My father passed away not long ago, and with my brother, sister, and myself no longer living at home, she knows the importance of being able to defend herself. It is going to be a terrific day. I will definitely have pictures!

I'll be back in time for the NWI INGO meet and shoot and I can't wait.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I stopped in the cigar lounge today, noticed a bunch of BIG BUTT DON GORDO cigars missing and figured you must have stocked up for your trip!

Have fun with your mom and post photos!!!

I came by early on Thursday and made a beeline toward the Gordos! I really like them, and the wife is talking about buying a box of whatever I want for Christmas...my mouth is already watering!

So far, I talked my sister and her friend into getting their CCW licenses, my wife is more than content to constantly show me that she is a better shot than I (!), and now my mother is really looking forward to learning to shoot. We are winning brothers and sisters.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    OK folks. I was talking to another NW INGO member about the gun show coming up in two weeks (Sept 25 & 26) The suggestion was made to meet up early on the 25 at someplace for breakfast then off to the show. So I put it to the group. How does this sound? A suggested place was Viking Chili Bowl. They have great food and the prices are VERY reasonable.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    How early are you going to meet in Valpo? I volunteered for the highway clean up for my hours in Chesterton from 8:00 till noon. Any ideas on the start time?

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    [SIZE=-1]Sep. 25[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]8-5 CST[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] Sep. 26 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9-3 CST[/SIZE]

These are the times of the show

If we want Jahred from 21st to come he needs to be back an hour before the show. That would mean a pretty early breakfast for most of us. If it was saturday we would need to get there about 6am or if sunday about 7 am. Its early I know... Just throwing it out there seeing if anyone wants to do it.
    [SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'd be game for an early breakfast IF we happened to be rained out at the time. If not, we'll keep on grinding out the 16+ hour days for another couple months. At least we are in the field early this year!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Awesome about the Appleseed in Porter.

I'm in Virginia and was at one of my favorite gun stores in Richmond. They had stacks of police trade-in Beretta 96s for $345. Awesome!!! They also have various other stainless S&W 9mm trade ins for equally impressive prices. I remember 3 years ago they had 9mm and .40 S&W Sigmas for $300 (which is pretty cheap)--after 2 weeks, they had so many that they were reduced to $245!!! I was broke at the time so it was a no go until payday and they were all gone by then. Southern Gun World and Police Supplies--the staff are really good, knowledgeable people who love to shoot. They always have lots of trade-in pistols, shotguns, and rifles as well as excellent prices on new guns and accessories. It was a great place to spend the afternoon.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Shooting/BBQ Sat. Sept 18

Hi guys:

I'm planning a group range trip/BBQ this Saturday Sept. 18. So far, the plan is to meet at Kingsbury, do some shooting, then head to my house around 5-ish for a BBQ. There will be plenty of food to go around, so if you're interested in coming to the BBQ, please PM me for more info so I can give you directions and get a head count. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Erick

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I believe that's the same day as the NWI meet & shoot, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Don't have time as I'm on my way out the door but check out the events forum for the info. If you're planning on shooting anyway, might be a good oppurtunity to meet some of the guys on here. I believe they are going to winemac and cooking out some simple stuff at the range.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hi guys:

I'm planning a group range trip/BBQ this Saturday Sept. 18. So far, the plan is to meet at Kingsbury, do some shooting, then head to my house around 5-ish for a BBQ. There will be plenty of food to go around, so if you're interested in coming to the BBQ, please PM me for more info so I can give you directions and get a head count. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Erick

Erick -- The NWI Meet & Shoot is also being held on Sept 18. Not sure if you can slightly alter your plans, but there are a group of us who will be at WINAMAC shooting all day. We start about 10:00am with people continuing to straggle in as their schedules permit. Biggest crowd is usually there between 11am and 2:30pm. Some folks stay much later.

LINK TO "NWI MEET & SHOOT" THREAD => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

I've been taking a BBQ grill and hot dogs, others bring brownies, pies, chips. A couple people bring bottled water. Its just a big pitch in. But people don't have to actually bring anything they can just come and meet, eat and shoot.

Most people are very generous with sharing their guns so if you want to shoot someone's gun its usually just sitting their available to be shot. Its generally considered good form to bring some extra ammo so you use your ammo in other people's guns (assuming its a common caliber). People who bring odd caliber weapons typically bring extra ammo to share.

This event has been occurring about once a month all year.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Sorry guys still learning the layout of this site. Let me see if I can move things around and perhaps make it to Winamac. Last time I was there, I believe Rt. 10 was closed, and we finally made our way down a long gravel road (scratched the car up quite a bit) Does anyone know a better route?

Thanks guys,

Erick

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom