• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    The store is at 30/Western so that works out OK. I don't mind missing out on Ford Heights and adding a mile or so north to my journey.

Who's this Joe Orr fella anyway?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    FWIW, don't go through Ford Heights. Take US30 to the frontage road at 394 (just before you get to the Atlantis Strip Club) and go north on the frontage road until you get to the next intersection (stop light). That is Joe Orr Road. Turn left on Joe Orr Road and that will take you into Chicago Heights and completely bypass Ford Heights and all the glory of that fine little city.

This is the best advice you will get this entire week. Don't get lost and end up driving through Sauk Village either.

Many years ago, I had a "gentleman" walk up to the road as I sped by in an ambulance (lights and sirens going). He spun in place as if he was at a track & field event and proceeded to hurl a cinder block at the ambulance. Fortunately his aim was off and it sailed harmlessly over the ambulance. When responding there on mutual aid calls for fire or EMS, department policy stated we had to be accompanied by two LEO's. Strange and dangerous place.

On a different note ... anyone wanna go shooting tomorrow? :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The store is at 30/Western so that works out OK. I don't mind missing out on Ford Heights and adding a mile or so north to my journey.

Who's this Joe Orr fella anyway?
    No idea who Joe Orr is/was.

Once you get to Joe Orr, you'll turn left onto it, go over the 394 overpass and then you'll pass some farm land, then some industrial land, then modest residential homes and mixed retail. Eventually you'll get to Marian Catholic High School (Southwest corner of Ashland Ave/Joe Orr) and the neighborhood will be a bit nicer. After you pass Marian the neighborhoods get nicer.

If you are going to US30/Western avenue then just stay on Joe Orr until it dead ends at Western Avenue, turn LEFT (south) and that will take you right back to US30.

This is the best advice you will get this entire week. Don't get lost and end up driving through Sauk Village either.
    Tomorrow I'll be at Cottage Grove Ave and Sauk Trail with my daughter at Bloom Trail High School.

I occasionally go through Sauk Village on 394, a few times a year I'll run down Sauk Trail through the town. Used to have a good friend who lived there. At one time it was a cute little town. Not any more.

But as long as he stays on US30 he should completely miss Sauk Village.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    cant you get to BT by going down Steger road and turning right by the Subway and Northwoods?

I would be coming up from south Lake county, running north on State Line, then west on Exhange, then north up 394. Bloom Trail is just west (1 mile) of 394 on Sauk Trail. So I'll simply turn west off of 394 onto Sauk Trail and Bloom Trail will be on the south side of the road 1 minute away.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Since Jediagh dropped the ball last time, I'll be the one to ask. Will anyone need help clearing snow tomorrow from their drive? elderly parents or family?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom