• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Just took a sick day for tonight. We better get some snow out of this. I am enjoying the night. Me and the kids a setting on the coach watching a move. It's time for some popcorn.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Thought i would share this story was on Jonhson rd. headed into Michigan city yesterday two cars ahead of me this guy was break checking the guy behind him .........next thing i know he slams the brakes stops in the middle of the road we all stop..the guy get out and heads for the car that was on his tail gate. Now that guy turns on his flasher open he's car door using it as a shield as pulls a pistol and points it at the guy heading to his car ......i was like......:popcorn:...........the guy that was headed to the other car see's the pistol pointed at his face turns around get in his car and drive off and so did the other guy and we all started moving again........all happen in 30 seconds .... got to love watching road rage events..........

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Got the scanner on for Hobart sounds like we are having alot of problems with the local roads. They usually do a good job on the main roads.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    "you people" :rolleyes: Find a seat and stop blocking the flow out the doors!
    We had to stop the train twice at Hammond since all the EC people were up and the Hammond people could not get out. :laugh:

I don't sit in there as often as I used to, actually. And I'm not one of those jerks that stands in the way, I pretzel myself onto the ledges in there. :D

wtf.... why we not take the Cumapart down there and make some money pullin bishes out

Well there a go, I'm sure there's plenty of people on 231 that need your help! Berta doesn't come out in this nastiness, she's to pretty. ;)

Yeah I nearly ended up in the ditch at Cabelas :D

Driving by there earlier there were a few cop cars at the bend of Cabela drive...glad it wasn't you and you didn't die!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But I can already pass the test with an avg score of 90% online when I have been taking them!

Besides I want to talk to Naplam about my health issues on the radio, and my false teeth, and the neighbors dog. :rofl:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Driving by there earlier there were a few cop cars at the bend of Cabela drive...glad it wasn't you and you didn't die!

Yeah T it was right on that bend. I didn't realise how fast I'd got up to leaving Cabelas, I get lightly on the brakes and the steering goes light.

Hmm thinks me "That's a light pole... crap thats a kerb and a ditch..lightpole..kerb..ditch.lightpole.kerb.ditch.holycrap.take your foot off the brake you idiot AHHHH the steering works kinda.. ok brake again..crap lightpole ditch lightpole ditch TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE DAMN BRAKE..."

<in the space of maybe 2 seconds>

I survived but that was my thought process. Didn't know my brain worked so fast when pumped with adrenaline. I can see why people take mind altering drugs.

Safe to say I was a LOT easier on the gas going home :D

Off to Chicago Heights tomorrow for some orientation thing for work.. I will probably die and be killed and possibly beheaded on the internet, going through Ford Heights, so I will wish you all farewell. :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Off to Chicago Heights tomorrow for some orientation thing for work.. I will probably die and be killed and possibly beheaded on the internet, going through Ford Heights, so I will wish you all farewell. :rockwoot:

Don't worry I put some pink magic voodoo on you so you won't die tomorrow since you still owe. :rofl:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

My daughter goes to school in Chicago Heights every day. She manages not to die. If a teenage girl can do it then so can you. Oh wait, you are an Englishman. Let me rephrase. Rest in Peace.

FWIW, don't go through Ford Heights. Take US30 to the frontage road at 394 (just before you get to the Atlantis Strip Club) and go north on the frontage road until you get to the next intersection (stop light). That is Joe Orr Road. Turn left on Joe Orr Road and that will take you into Chicago Heights and completely bypass Ford Heights and all the glory of that fine little city.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Don't worry I put some pink magic voodoo on you so you won't die tomorrow since you still owe. :rofl:

I got propositioned by a meth-prostitute at a Citgo on Rt30 in Ford Heights. $17. Not a bad deal. She was decent.

Probly only a 4 on the normal scale, but a solid 8-9 on the meth adicted hooker scale.

Keep an eye out. Sometimes I wish I would have taken her up on it. ;)

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    My daughter goes to school in Chicago Heights every day. She manages not to die. If a teenage girl can do it then so can you. Oh wait, you are an Englishman. Let me rephrase. Rest in Peace.

FWIW, don't go through Ford Heights. Take US30 to the frontage road at 394 (just before you get to the Atlantis Strip Club) and go north on the frontage road until you get to the next intersection (stop light). That is Joe Orr Road. Turn left on Joe Orr Road and that will take you into Chicago Heights and completely bypass Ford Heights and all the glory of that fine little city.

The AZ I need to get to is on the otherside of CH on US30. I'll do as you say though and avoid it... :D

As an Englishman I am used to settling disputes over a nice cup of tea, not a hi point...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The AZ I need to get to is on the otherside of CH on US30. I'll do as you say though and avoid it... :D

If you are continuing west past Chicago Heights then going around it will add about 5 extra minutes to your drive because you'll go north about 1 mile, then have to come back south on the other side of Ford Heights.

So you'd go north on Frontage Road (turns into Stony Island), then west on Joe Orr Road, then you could come back south on Halsted St, Chicago Road, Ashland Avenue or Western Avenue, the farther west you go the better the neighborhoods.

Joe Orr Road runs parallel to US30 but is about a mile north of US30. Joe Orr will take you west until you get to Western Ave, where it dead ends at Western.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom