• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Actaeon, I think I'm mounting a wireless camera to the next possum I drop off over there, it should give us hours of laughs on the old youtube....

Snap, does that have carbs ? I'm going to have to make a run to the store tomorrow as I finished the last of the bacon tonight..... Feel like something is missing...

I like the idea of lasers on those rats heads... LOL.....

There was a football game today ?

Soooo I lost out on the competition shoot at the NPCCC today as I was in all kinds of pain this morning with my shoulder and back, but I did get to do some shooting and it was conducted with a Chrono which has lead me to some new-found information... Factory 357 magnums seemed to gain velocity between a 6 inch barrel and the 16 inch barrel but it appears to have stopped the gain from 16 inches to 18.5 inches. I am now in search to load specifically to use that extra barrel length with a slower burning powder.... Also there wasn't enough difference in velocity between a 4 inch barrel and a 6 inch barrel so the Match Champion gets the nod again...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No carbs. Got it at Stracks tonight.
    5973811651_ba339a5357.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    looks good, maybe a trip to Stracks is in order.... well I need more bacon too soooo maybe I'll go now...

Got a cabling job tomorrow.... then hoping to get some load development going....

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don't use the case holder end. I back the pin gauge thingy out of the cutter until it cuts the right amount, gauging off the inside of the flash hole.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    took my family to the NPCCC steel match today. we had a good time watching. my fiance is getting interested in these matches. looks like we will be going to the monthly meeting this tuesday to join the club!!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I didn't make it.... My shoulder and back was killing me this morning and I didn't want to run a shotty at the match..... soooooo I didn't make it... I did make it to a range though and helped chrono some loads with another friend, plus ran some 38 special and 357 magnum over the chrono which has me looking for some new recipes for reloads...

Glad to hear you did make it and enjoyed your trip....

bob5858hddc.jpg

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well Bra Medic, I'd have to say that is kinda true.... not sure why but the changing (colder weather ) screws me all up... This morning I could feel the pain going from the back of my neck all the way to my fingers on my left shoulder as I woke up... Then when I finally got up I could feel it in my back and in my left foot too... Burning pain.... but I kept from taking any pain killers and finally got moving about 11AM which I thought was too late to be going out to a competition.... saved by a friend who called me about then and said he had a new chrono to try out and needed some help working the whole thing/process.... Sooo it was good after all... My loads were only gaining about 50 fps from a 16 inch barrel to a 18.5 inch but from a 6 inch to a 16 inch barrel it was more like 1100 fps up too 1600 fps which I appreciated... I was running about 1400 fps out of the 12 inch barrel on the Ranch hand though too.... This all off factory 158 Gr. loads.... Gonna cook some up with a assortment of powders and get back out with the chrono I think....

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I bet science has an answer. Screwed up nerves + cold weather seems to result in discomfort for a lot of people.

Got your place in the desert yet?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    working on it.... need to make a trip down there to meet and see some people and locations.... and enjoy some dry warm desert...

here's a group pic from yesterday since I couldn't handle any recoil in the old shoulders....

bobguns5844cf.jpg

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    First game?

It was a wild one.

Yes it was my 1st. Never had an opportunity to go before. My son and I had a great time but my buddy and his son not so much. My buddy's son was bored before the game started. Prolly still too young yet. Next time it will be a Guys only trip.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't use the case holder end. I back the pin gauge thingy out of the cutter until it cuts the right amount, gauging off the inside of the flash hole.

:dunno:
    hu?

anyone else other than GB go??

GB, i should have asked yesterday about this and we could have met

wild deuce, gunbunnies, ghostofwinter, turnandshoot4 are all semi-regulars at those events.
    clif45 sometimes as well.

members of that club are ghostofwinter and 1 or 2 others that I forget who they are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom