• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Usually a good idea, and the seller will often do it for free.
    The seller is an Audi dealer in Chicagoland, who honors the Audi warranty with the flash installed, since they install it. :yesway:

@Bob....Do they recommend getting through the break-in period on the engine first?
    Yes, but I'll hit that before the end of the month because we are driving down to North Carolina for a week.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    The seller is an Audi dealer in Chicagoland, who honors the Audi warranty with the flash installed, since they install it. :yesway:

Yes, but I'll hit that before the end of the month because we are driving down to North Carolina for a week.

Are you taking it to Autobarn?

Thought about doing the 2.0 tune, but haven't researched it totally to decide. Just about to hit 10k so I figure its time to start looking into it more and decide what I want to do.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :wow: on that white castle video.
    Not sure what those 2 females were fighting about but what a show.
    Did you see the guy dancing around saying this is going up on you tube.

In other news kmart got hacked, plus dq.
    Dq has a list of places that got hacked several are here in nwi.
    Credit card info, names,emails etc.
    Also chase got hacked as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Doors not bother me. My credit file is frozen.
    The 3 ccs i have i daily check online anyways so i know what is going on with them.
    Get email n txt msg on any activity on them plus the bank account.
    2 off the 3 ccs i have on dormant mode so any activity will trigger security audit by bank.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Doors not bother me. My credit file is frozen.
    The 3 ccs i have i daily check online anyways so i know what is going on with them.
    Get email n txt msg on any activity on them plus the bank account.
    2 off the 3 ccs i have on dormant mode so any activity will trigger security audit by bank.

My issue isn't being covered for unauthorized charges---all the companies cover that already. It's someone having my name, address, account numbers, and whatever else. The credit file "freeze"is not difficult to overcome, especially for a skilled social engineer who can use the info they have to get anything else they might need to start getting credit under your name.

It takes up a lot of your time to fix this stuff once compromised, so I choose to play it extra safe.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WTF, Chase got hacked? :runaway:

This summer but they did not make am announce ment until recently.
    They said no financial info was taken our your ssn, dob.
    However emails, address, names were.
    They have been monitoring it since then and the fbi, which is a joke, has been involved.

.gov will never be able to control, contain this. They can't offer the super geeks enough incentives to go work for them vs what the underworld can give them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My issue isn't being covered for unauthorized charges---all the companies cover that already. It's someone having my name, address, account numbers, and whatever else. The credit file "freeze"is not difficult to overcome, especially for a skilled social engineer who can use the info they have to get anything else they might need to start getting credit under your name.

It takes up a lot of your time to fix this stuff once compromised, so I choose to play it extra safe.

You can setuo the freeze to require a notified signed letter by you in order to open a new account along with copies on your ids you know.
    So even if you have my info you still need a copy of say my passport, my dl which had current address, and my signature to be able to open a new account.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You can setuo the freeze to require a notified signed letter by you in order to open a new account along with copies on your ids you know.
    So even if you have my info you still need a copy of say my passport, my dl which had current address, and my signature to be able to open a new account.

Easy enough. I have plenty of pics from meet and shoots and photoshop is king these days.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi did not say it was hack proof.
    Of someone really wants your info they can be you.
    However all our info has already been stolen in one shape way or form.
    When a thef sells the info your info is part of a block of info sold.
    The person that buys it to use it is not going to waste time digger further into yours if it's lock when they have gg, bob, joe a l so in the mix and those are not locked. Same concept as a house with o pen door vs house with a door. Theif is going to go for easier house.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Your house appears to be pretty easy.... I mean the raccoons setup upstairs in it..... Just saying....

How is that possum doing I dropped off last week ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom