• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    aha! i'm gonna be keeping my eye on this one. and yeah i know matt. he's the one doing my can transfer. real cool guy. i'm the same way about selling. even the guns that i've sold in the past that have any real meaning to me i still regret selling. and i like the sks way more than them so i know i'd regret trading it off.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Snap there is a possibility I could make a run out there Wednesday... I think you have my number, if not let me know... drop me a txt when you figure out tour going.

hd96, gun's seem to hold their value better than the dollar these days so keeping more so than trading seems to me to be a solid concept...

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Just got word I'm getting cameras put in my work truck. They said the cameras are always on but only record went something happens, like a accident or getting on the brakes to hard. Sounds fishy to me.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm looking to put a rear view camera on my suburban... I'm getting older and can't things behind me as well... having a camera back there and on all the time on the dash would be very helpful when someone decides to tailgate me....

MTN..... their watching you.... lol.... probably a insurance requirement of some type...

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Just got word I'm getting cameras put in my work truck. They said the cameras are always on but only record went something happens, like a accident or getting on the brakes to hard. Sounds fishy to me.

They're hoping that whoever has been stealing from them is dumb enough to believe they selectively come on during accidents.

If they could do that, the cameras should warn you so you don't get into the accident in the first place.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    They're hoping that whoever has been stealing from them is dumb enough to believe they selectively come on during accidents.

If they could do that, the cameras should warn you so you don't get into the accident in the first place.
    Actually it is activity based recording. It is always on and always recording but it doesn't save anything and everything, it only saves 'events' plus a specified number of seconds before and after the event. The camera has software that determines what constitutes a recordable event.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Actually it is activity based recording. It is always on and always recording but it doesn't save anything and everything, it only saves 'events' plus a specified number of seconds before and after the event. The camera has software that determines what constitutes a recordable event.

What constitutes an event? Do the cameras have accelerometers that determine when something is outside a specific level of tolerance?

Only reason I throw caution out there is because a previous place of work said almost this exact same thing, recorded everyone and everything, and canned several people for various transgressions. One person even got prosecuted. They had it coming, though. No sympathy from me.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.

Thats what they tell us there for. But that's just words.

I really don't have a problem with them. It's just the company is always talking about distracted driving, and a camera pointed at my face isn't going to help anything.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Depends on the camera and the software it is programmed with. The main limitation to a onboard camera is quality of the video being recorded and data storage space to keep it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom