• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I did not trade anything in, so I still have the Touareg and the 67 Kaiser Jeepster for SUV/truck-like options.

But the A6 TDI has the best all wheel drive systems ever invented. Staying on the road in the winter should be a reasonably easy task.
    AWD and Winter tires are a must for me on all of my vehicles. There has to be a lot of snow before I can't get around.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    AWD and Winter tires are a must for me on all of my vehicles. There has to be a lot of snow before I can't get around.

I used to switch to winter tires, but now when I select tires I check the professional reviews, look for all season tires that have the best snow/winter rating. I am not looking for the best overall all season, but the best snow rating in an all season tire. The problem is that so many cars are using lower and lower profile tires so finding good winter ratings is getting harder and harder. With the new A6 I intentionally did NOT want the 19 or 20 inch wheels. While I do not like the 18 inch wheels that came on the car, I think the best option for year round driving will be much easier to find for the 18 inch rims without the low profile side wall.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I'm not touching any of your bodily discharges, I'm safe.

But I learned on INGO that the gubmint lies and if you're downwind from a fart of an infected person up to 2 years before they show symptoms there's a 150% chance you'll die from Ebola.

Abraham Lincoln said everything on the internet is true, so I'm positive this is the case.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    From my travels out west...... AW or 4 wheel drive, large enough engine, good frame and foot print and enough clearance to not get teetered on ice piles you just drove over are a must... The ability to tow about 10000 lbs is icing on the cake...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ive got~700 ft lbs to play with

When I bought my Touareg I wanted the 10 cylinder diesel engine, but it was discontinued that year. Couldn't find one leftover on any dealer lot either.

Those had something just north of 770 fl lbs of torque, more than enough to pull Jedi's house off its wheels :):

Sadly they came out the next year with a 6 cylinder diesel the following year, installed it in both the VW Touareg and the Audi Q7, the engine is a modified version of what is in my A6 TDI. Dropped the torque by 300+ fl lbs. But the towing capacity remained the same at 7700# while the fuel economy went up to 28mpg. Apparently SUV buyers like the economy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I used to switch to winter tires, but now when I select tires I check the professional reviews, look for all season tires that have the best snow/winter rating. I am not looking for the best overall all season, but the best snow rating in an all season tire. The problem is that so many cars are using lower and lower profile tires so finding good winter ratings is getting harder and harder. With the new A6 I intentionally did NOT want the 19 or 20 inch wheels. While I do not like the 18 inch wheels that came on the car, I think the best option for year round driving will be much easier to find for the 18 inch rims without the low profile side wall.
    As much as I drive I prefer good Summer tires and good Winter tires. I have the 20" wheels with Summer tires that came with the car and bought a set of 18" wheels for my Winter tires.

Of course the tires on this car are so big that I the Winter tires I bought were for a performance SUV.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    We have been getting new international trucks at work. And they dont take the def fluid that some of are older frieghtliners use. The frieghtliner I drive at work does not take def, but some of the other ones do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom