• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Nonsense. Many of them speak up. The media has no interest in showing that. Their interest is in stirring people up so that they will watch their shows. Fear and hate get you to watch.

Not to mention those that have their minds made up about the religion have no interest in listening when people do. Again it is easier to see the bad than to look for good.

Bingo.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Nonsense. Many of them speak up. The media has no interest in showing that. Their interest is in stirring people up so that they will watch their shows. Fear and hate get you to watch.

Not to mention those that have their minds made up about the religion have no interest in listening when people do. Again it is easier to see the bad than to look for good.
    Well then it must be a freaking conspiracy of both the LEFT and the RIGHT wing media sources. I read everything from The Daily Koz and Politico through Breitbart News and TownHall.

I do not see evidence of widespread objections by moderates. I occasionally see isolated reports, but few and far between. And groups like CAIR that purport to speak for the moderates actually refuse to condemn groups like Hamas.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    When I was in boot camp I had nothing better to do than study religion. I studied Islam Christianity Judaism and Catholicism. Only one of those says to convert or kill all nonbelievers

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    So got forced to see the Doc today.... Something about paying for a doctors visit in order to have insulin prescription updated..... wow....

but my AC1 is 6.5 so I must be doing something right....

Oh well had to share that somewhere.... now lets get back to beating up some religious group and wait for andy to return...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    What is the A1C test?
    The A1C test is a blood test that provides information about a person’s average levels of blood glucose, also called blood sugar, over the past 3 months. The A1C test is sometimes called the hemoglobin A1c, HbA1c, or glycohemoglobin test. The A1C test is the primary test used for diabetes management and diabetes research.

For someone who doesn't have diabetes, a normal A1C level can range from 4.5 to 6 percent. Someone who's had uncontrolled diabetes for a long time might have an A1C level above 8 percent.

When the A1C test is used to diagnose diabetes, an A1C level of 6.5 percent or higher on two separate tests indicates you have diabetes. A result between 5.7 and 6.4 percent is considered prediabetes, which indicates a high risk of developing diabetes.

For most people who have previously diagnosed diabetes, an A1C level of 7 percent or less is a common treatment target. Higher targets may be chosen in some individuals. If your A1C level is above your target, your doctor may recommend a change in your diabetes treatment plan. Remember, the higher your A1C level, the higher your risk of diabetes complications.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Depends.... There are two types of Diabetes which are actually completely different conditions but have the same resulting illness deployed within the body. Type I is juvenile onset normally and it centers around the total destruction of th islet cells in th pancreas. These are the cells that produce pepcin or what we have termed insulin naturally by the body according to the amount of carbs you are eating as you eat them. You will hear different concepts on how this happens as the Doc's don't want anyone to blame their own chemical treatments but basically this condition is based around a infection that takes place in the pancreas and the persons antibodies going after the infection and accidentally wiping out your own islets cells along with the infection. I think this is based on the way that isclet cells actually produce pepcin being a kinda reaction to the carb or glucose levels going up in the blood stream. Type I could be considered a injury more so than a true disease. Type II is normally taking place in a adult and can be a thousand different things. Unfortunately it is normally found in people who are not active, eat heavy amounts of carb laden-ed foods and have done it for many years over taxing their pancreas's ability to keep up with the needed pepcin levels. In some cases it is just a result of old age and the natural depletion of the bodies organs ability to keep up with their jobs. In cases where the body is over weight the person can get rid of the condition by implementing an exercise regiment and diet to loose weight. Type I is normally controlled with insulin injections and Type II normally uses a drug to coax the pancreas to work harder and produce it's own pepcin.

Hope that answered your question some what...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Depends.... There are two types of Diabetes which are actually completely different conditions but have the same resulting illness deployed within the body. Type I is juvenile onset normally and it centers around the total destruction of th islet cells in th pancreas. These are the cells that produce pepcin or what we have termed insulin naturally by the body according to the amount of carbs you are eating as you eat them. You will hear different concepts on how this happens as the Doc's don't want anyone to blame their own chemical treatments but basically this condition is based around a infection that takes place in the pancreas and the persons antibodies going after the infection and accidentally wiping out your own islets cells along with the infection. I think this is based on the way that isclet cells actually produce pepcin being a kinda reaction to the carb or glucose levels going up in the blood stream. Type I could be considered a injury more so than a true disease. Type II is normally taking place in a adult and can be a thousand different things. Unfortunately it is normally found in people who are not active, eat heavy amounts of carb laden-ed foods and have done it for many years over taxing their pancreas's ability to keep up with the needed pepcin levels. In some cases it is just a result of old age and the natural depletion of the bodies organs ability to keep up with their jobs. In cases where the body is over weight the person can get rid of the condition by implementing an exercise regiment and diet to loose weight. Type I is normally controlled with insulin injections and Type II normally uses a drug to coax the pancreas to work harder and produce it's own pepcin.

Hope that answered your question some what...

So you just need a new pancreas? Is such a thing replacable? Can it be grown as I would imagaine we can't take Da Snob's to give to you without Da Snob dieing.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    actually I know a couple people who have had pancreas transplants and it is at best 50/50 if it will take. The body likes it's own organs made right inside it's own body... Cloning, and use of stem cell technology is probably where it is for replacement organs to fix the condition. There was a program in Canada and then some years back up at the University of Illinois where they took islet cells from doners and injected them into the liver and it would work in a lot of patients that were petite in size. The pancreas wouldn't take the foreign islet cells but the liver would take them and even though it was killing them off the liver is the only organ in the body that actually reproduces itself so it would keep reproducing the cells as they were being killed off and therefore working. The complications of the injection could cause injury to the spine though and therefore it was a all or nothing process... The transplant patients have to be on anti-rejection drug therapy to keep the organs so they become deathly sick from whatever they come in contact with because the drugs inhibit the bodies natural antibody system in the process...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    actually I know a couple people who have had pancreas transplants and it is at best 50/50 if it will take. The body likes it's own organs made right inside it's own body... Cloning, and use of stem cell technology is probably where it is for replacement organs to fix the condition. There was a program in Canada and then some years back up at the University of Illinois where they took islet cells from doners and injected them into the liver and it would work in a lot of patients that were petite in size. The pancreas wouldn't take the foreign islet cells but the liver would take them and even though it was killing them off the liver is the only organ in the body that actually reproduces itself so it would keep reproducing the cells as they were being killed off and therefore working. The complications of the injection could cause injury to the spine though and therefore it was a all or nothing process... The transplant patients have to be on anti-rejection drug therapy to keep the organs so they become deathly sick from whatever they come in contact with because the drugs inhibit the bodies natural antibody system in the process...

*sigh* so we have to go the cyborg route and just move your mind into a robot bunny with a AR15 foot instead. ;)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Actually I've been keeping my eye on ebay for a new younger more athletic body but none have shown up for sale lately....

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Actually I've been keeping my eye on ebay for a new younger more athletic body but none have shown up for sale lately....

Keep me posted. I gotta go back in for another knee surgery. When I asked if I could have a Darth Vader knee, the surgeon seemed to think I was kidding.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    How true but hey putting it off is just another work around...

On the Diabetes and many of the other diseases we have, I really wish the big pharm would just release the cures. They have to have them with all the advances in technology and medicine we have. They have the human genome completely mapped out, they have cloned organs and complete life forms. I know they would never break their money making machine to just help someone though... They are making billions on the band-aides.... No reason to release anything...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    How true but hey putting it off is just another work around...

On the Diabetes and many of the other diseases we have, I really wish the big pharm would just release the cures. They have to have them with all the advances in technology and medicine we have. They have the human genome completely mapped out, they have cloned organs and complete life forms. I know they would never break their money making machine to just help someone though... They are making billions on the band-aides.... No reason to release anything...

You should know by now that it is the job of the FDA to protect the money train of the big companies. They do this in a myriad of ways including huge fees for applications, ridiculous standards in clinical trials and deliberately forbidding companies to talk about possible "off label" uses of medication.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom