Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah that.

There was some new show on the tv the other day. It was a pilot with the girl from smash. A group of smart people save all of the planes in the air from corrupted software. The name of the show had code syntax around it.

I wonder if the guy was feeling "inspired".

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I was not paying close attention, but in the show
    [h=1]‘Scorpion’[/h]They are to have me believe that they can fly low enough to run a network cable from the flying plane to a laptop in a speeding Ferrari on the runway, but not land the plane. :faint:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Software isn't corrupt, software does what it is instructed to do... Politicians are corrupt in soooooo many ways....

Snap I would double check on that reaction to the medicines because you really don't want to start type II or especially type I med's for diabetes if it's a freak reaction... but if you need some learning I'm there for you anytime....

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    That whole fire thing kinda irritated me. With the railroad, we have our normal office where we do our rail traffic controlling. But we also have a smaller replica of our office about 15 miles away with emergency plans on how to get there. If something were to happen in our office like a fire, flood, tornado, or anything of that nature. We would jump in our vehicles, or be bused from our office to our secondary location to keep the railroad moving. There would be no more then an hour delay.

Why wouldn't air traffic control have a secondary, emergency location. That way while there will still be a delay, it wouldn't be a two day delay.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    My blood glucose was up around 140 when they were hitting me with steroids while I was in the hospital last month. I don't think I've ever tested over 100, and they do warn that steroids can cause pretty drastic blood sugar swings. Hopefully that's it.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Why wouldn't air traffic control have a secondary, emergency location. That way while there will still be a delay, it wouldn't be a two day delay.

No no no, the FAA knows best. The system is so good, there is no need for redundancy.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Andy from being in the computer repair business and seeing first hand some of the FAA's requirements for computer equipment I'm not surprised at any of this...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ericwp, they mandated using windows 98 computers for a certain job because not all airports could upgrade said equipment to more modern equipment to do the said job....

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Guess that what happens when the government controls stuff. A private business like the RR's it trains dot. Move, they don't get paid. And in the case of certain trains, if they don't move, the RR has to pick up the tab.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I saw in popsci (I think) that they are developing contact lenses that read your blood sugar from your tears instead of the finger pricks.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    They have had a Gluco-watch for some years now that uses a patch between the skin and the watch to read blood sugars but it isn't very accurate and takes a lot to get up and running. The other auto option for blood sugar readings with use of a insulin pump is the cannula based BS sensor which is put in just under the skin like the pump delivery tube and sends info back to a receiver.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I've got a computer with Windows 98 that shockingly still runs. I occasionally boot it up to see if it's still working, play some solitaire, then put it back in the closet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom