• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    How do you go about getting then to send their ffl I for to the seller, so the seller will ship to them, or so they expect a package or whatever... It's all new to me, never partook in online gun buying.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    How do you go about getting then to send their ffl I for to the seller, so the seller will ship to them, or so they expect a package or whatever... It's all new to me, never partook in online gun buying.

As I remember it, the FFL shipping the gun, emails or faxes there FFL info the the person receiving the gun being transfered. Then the FFL receiving the gun must send there FFL info in return, at that time the gun can be shipped.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm waiting for a response to a few questions I sent the seller regarding the gun particularly this little bit of imperfections. Not sure what this is. Any ideas?

9809d0f605e94b62e218546a6455085d.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It depends on the seller. Some sellers will contact the receiving FFL if you give them contact information, others will not do anything until the receiving FFL contacts them. Either go by the info in the listing or ask the seller what they want.

Looks like an aftermarket nickel plate job gone bad?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    As I remember it, the FFL shipping the gun, emails or faxes there FFL info the the person receiving the gun being transfered. Then the FFL receiving the gun must send there FFL info in return, at that time the gun can be shipped.

Do I need to speak with the ffl first? To let them know to expect something, or do they handle things? I'd hate to just walk into somewhere I never done business and be like I want to have a gin shipped here.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It depends on the seller. Some sellers will contact the receiving FFL if you give them contact information, others will not do anything until the receiving FFL contacts them. Either go by the info in the listing or ask the seller what they want.

That was one of the questions I asked to seller also. Hopefully my questions made sense and the autocorrect didn't screw me up to bad... I did proof read before sending lol.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It didn't seem like anything major, just wasn't sure. Looks like something that could be repaired with a trip to colt for refinishing, I think... If I were to decide to go that route.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    It didn't seem like anything major, just wasn't sure. Looks like something that could be repaired with a trip to colt for refinishing, I think... If I were to decide to go that route.

What gun is it? Is it nickel? Do you have any idea how expensive it is for colt to re-nickel something? Are you prepared to sell a kidney?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    There's a couple other spots with the pitting, but it's nothing major and can barely see it in the pics. It's a great looking gun. Something that I will gladly use and pass down to my kids (if I ever have kids, highly doubtful) or my nephew.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I got 4 more weeks till I can go back to work. The VA thinks I can work light duty for the railroad as a freight car repairman. I tried to tell him there was no such thing and I wanted to go back to work tonight, but he said 10/18.
    Been off work since the 2nd. I did take the rest of my vacation since I knew the vacation schedule was full for the rest of the year and would have to take a week of no pay till my railroad sickness benefits hopefully kick in this week.
    I'm going to lose my mind if I can't find any bullets for a decent price at the Valpo show next weekend. I've loaded 504 45 and am out of bullets. I thought I was going to be out of powder so I ended getting some from on here. I find out today the bottle I thought was empty had enough for the 504 rounds I loaded today and then some.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    He he. Got a little buzzed tonighty self... Luckily I have learned my lesson with buying stuff while having a few... Sitting on my porch waiting for my friend down the road, I'd bet 250 rounds of 22lr he falls asleep befor he gets his kids to bed...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom