Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Names... we need names of these traitors that dare to OUTSIDE of NWI for their meet & greets!
    *cough* larry *cough*

I don't know what you're talking about.
    ChefLarry maybe????

IM the first to amps it I'm ignorant of all that is involved with the UK and Scotland. But I can't fathom people from Scotland celebrating the no vote to independence. Not just a sigh of relief, that could be understood, but actual celebrating. Just seems odd to me. And the I read reports that a overwhelming majority have spoken by saying no to independence. 55% to 45% is overwhelming?

seems pretty close to me. :dunno: just can't see independence as a horrible thing. But as I said I'm ignorant of everything involved.

Maybe they just wanted enough freedom to vote on it, but not enough to actually have to do hard stuff.
    55 to 45 is pretty overwhelming here. Look at presidential elections that are won 51 to 49. And they call that a landslide.

@PinkDargon
    You are on "medical leave" so I won't pop you on the head for being a traitor just yet. ;)

Gonna pop me on the head???
    Cause I'm thinking you might need that medical leave.
    I'm just saying.

@turnandshoot4
    Winner!! Winner, Chicken Dinner!
    Project Appleseed just can't seem to make any inroads in NWI for whatever reason.
    So for now they are calling choosing their battles and fighting elsewhere.
    I'm sure if we coordinated and rounded up enough folks, say 20+ that we could get a one time event back in our area but alas the level of organization for that is just not here right now. :(

Bingo. Zero pre-regs and another shoot downstate with at least 10 pre-regs plus some expected walk-ons was in need of instructors. Decision was made to execute a "tactical withdrawal."

NPCCC was also eliminated as a venue. You will have to look at Niles, MI / Nappanee, IN / Bonfield, IL for the next closest Appleseed venues or travel downstate.

^^ This. Instructors travel to this area on their dime. The only reimbursement is for the Shoot Boss and that barely covers supplies used. The majority of instructors come from downstate. Our own AB, Rimshot, StubbornYankee and myself are the only locals. Two other local instructors poured their hearts and souls into it and either burned out or had other commitments take precedence. It's tough when you clear your schedule to work a shoot by trading away valuable vacation days or you have health issues or you ... sorry ... sounds like I am whining. The point is that Appleseed asks a lot of its instructor corps and every single one of them is willing to do what is asked because as corny as it sounds, we really do believe we are saving the country "one rifleman at a time."

If anyone wants to learn more, come out tomorrow to the Preppers event in Crown Point. Two Appleseed instructors will be coming up from downstate to present the Three Strikes portion of the Appleseed program for FREE. They are INGO members (ATM and TJ Kackowski). The first strike will be presented at 1100. Link to follow ... (Help me out here GunBunnies).

Read this and thought to myself that my wheel guns are the only guns I have never considered selling off ... ever.

I REALLY would like to attend one, or more.
    But I can't get ANY time off.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Back from Comcast (Hammond). Wasn't that bad. Lady I had to deal with was nice.
    Took one cable box turn in (Greg won't need it anymore) and exchanged 2 behemoths for 2 new dainty ones.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Does anyone have a extra Butt Plate / Finger Extensions for a Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm & 40 Caliber Compact that maybe looking to get let go of?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Does anyone have a extra Butt Plate / Finger Extensions for a Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm & 40 Caliber Compact that maybe looking to let go of?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    It's because "ghetto appleseeds" take place daily on the streets of NWI. People learn to hold their gun sideways, grab their crotch, and throw the bullets at their targets. What else could possibly be needed?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Does anyone have a extra Butt Plate / Finger Extensions for a Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm & 40 Caliber Compact that maybe looking to let go of?

I had one in my box-o-parts. I'll see if it's still there.

I'll see if it's still there.

I'll see if it's still there.

Just keeping with the theme...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not calling anyone out in particular about the non-interest in Appleseed so please, don't anyone take my comments personally. I understand that people have lives and commitments (family, work, etc.). I'm thinking beyond INGO ... to the general public. I'm thinking of this densely populated area (NWI) and the difficulty in mustering even a handful of attendees while other rural parts of the state consistently put 15-20 or more shooters on the line several times per year.

Don't mind me. I'm just a Liberty loving old curmudgeon.

I know.
    But maybe people are putting in more hours nowadays. Bosses get by with less people.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It's because "ghetto appleseeds" take place daily on the streets of NWI. People learn to hold their gun sideways, grab their crotch, and throw the bullets at their targets. What else could possibly be needed?

[video=youtube;3a5Qth5BPRk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5Qth5BPRk[/video]

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    My main limiting factor for the appleseed of late has been ammo. I have not bought another bulk box to replace what I will use in a shoot. I also need to install my sling on my 10/22.

Who going to the range and where tomorrow? i may attempt blythes tomorrow.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WD do you have data or can you get it on other states where project appleseed has also shown lack of interest.
    You and i have talked off line about this just wondering out loud if political color is making a difference or perhaps urban vs rural which is along the same lines.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom