• Status
    Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Didn't get burned? Then why all that whining about no one going down your shirt to help retrieve it?
    I was a damsel in distress! Everyone was laughing at me!! (Ok, I was laughing too, but still!)
    Really, though, that was my first down the shirt brass, and all I ever heard was how horrible it was. I'm glad I didn't get burned, but I don't want to try it again.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Quick question, if my nipsco bill states my next meter reading date is February 28-March 4th or so, why would a "meter services" truck be out front and a guy knocking on my door, just long enough to wake me up. And by the time I get to the door, I am in time to watch him pull away.

granted I know my gates can't be opened right now to get to the meters, as the snow has them closed shut. Ugh, I was actually sleeping so well today, first time in 2 days. Now I have to try and go back to bed.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Quick question, if my nipsco bill states my next meter reading date is February 28-March 4th or so, why would a "meter services" truck be out front and a guy knocking on my door, just long enough to wake me up. And by the time I get to the door, I am in time to watch him pull away.

granted I know my gates can't be opened right now to get to the meters, as the snow has them closed shut. Ugh, I was actually sleeping so well today, first time in 2 days. Now I have to try and go back to bed.

They are changing meters so they can read them automatically. They will replace your whole electric meter. And the gas meter they just replace the dials on the meter.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I wish they would've told me or notified me. I would've shoveled the gates to the fences. Now I'm awake and can't fall asleep, I was sleeping good too. First time in 2 days I was actually going to get more then 4 hours of sleep.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Fyi, the smart meters they install add an additional method of tiered billing. In traditional tiered billing, you're charged higher amounts per unit as you pass specific usage thresholds. 'Smart' meters allow them to not only charge traditional tiered usage amounts, but also additional upcharges within each tier based on usage during peak times. The result is an inevitably higher Bill, despite what your utility might tell you, because the lowest amount they'll still charge you is equivalent to what the old 'tier' per-unit charge would have been anyway. It can only go up.

Don't be too excited when they replace your old meter. Just one more method of separating you from your hard-earned money.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I don't care if they ever change mine out. I just mean, I don't like to be woken up, because I have a hard time falling back to sleep. If I'd have known they weep here coming, I'd have cleared the gates, then they wouldn't need to knock and wake me up.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    My door mat on the front porch that says "GO AWAY" in big bold letters isn't readable right now with the snow. But normally the big yellow flag on my from porch with the rattle snake, keeps most people at bay.

man I was sleeping so good...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom