• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    WOW! Lot of glock haters. What's the deal.

They work. People are jealous of that fact.

I'm pretty much a confirmed 1911 guy, but I give Glock a lot of credit and carry one or another of mine from time to time. They are great guns. Butt ugly, but they freakin work every time. I personally like my CZ75b's better than my Glocks, but the Glocks win with lower weight in the holster.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    They work. People are jealous of that fact.

I'm pretty much a confirmed 1911 guy, but I give Glock a lot of credit and carry one or another of mine from time to time. They are great guns. Butt ugly, but they freakin work every time. I personally like my CZ75b's better than my Glocks, but the Glocks win with lower weight in the holster.

I like the 1911 also. I do own 1. But like you said about the weight in holster. My glock is my primary carry. Don't carry 1911 to much, more of my fun gun.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Raitekk, that's enough to see if the guns work or not.... but then you will need more...

Jedi is correct, those little lego bricks make great targets....

I use to carry my Kimber Classic and then later on my Kimber CDP for years until the ammo got to expensive to even reload.... Then I went 38/357 magnum with a Beretta collection in 9mm for semi's to bring with in bad areas of town... I miss carrying my 1911A1's but the economy made the decision for me...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    One thing I should add about the revolvers versus carrying the auto's... In real cold weather I never had a jam in a revolver, both my 1911A1 and my Beretta 92 have jammed because of the cold... When you carry under a nice coat and pull the thing out into the 20 below wind it will freeze the condensation from being next to your body between the slide and frame and it will fire one round and not have enough umph to put the next one the rest of the way into the chamber... A friend had a Glock that did the same thing also.... The revolver has enough cam force to keep the small amount of ice from allowing it to over take the friction caused and it still goes bang as intended...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Actaeon, most of those trucks you posted are a bit expensive more me... most of this military stuff can be had for a lot cheaper and are like brand new.. Who would figure that the military would buy a really expensive truck and use it for like 20 hours and then auction it off for like 4 grand....

On the weather, I knew it was colder last night before it got colder as my everything hurts.....

but on a good note it is the second week of Feb..... which means only about 30 to possibly 60 days more of this crap... The Gunbunnies clock is working it's way towards more photo shoots on set in nice enough weather for the model and the photog to be able to walk around outdoors and not worry about hypothermia...

I know the trucks were too expensive. Still thought I'd put them up.
    Jedi must not have seen them, no comment on them.
    I always wanted a Hummer H1. But they fill them with all that luxury crap. Drives the price up.
    I just want something similar to the original army ones, no armor.
    Any electronics, I can add it myself.
    And definitely a working heater.

One thing I should add about the revolvers versus carrying the auto's... In real cold weather I never had a jam in a revolver, both my 1911A1 and my Beretta 92 have jammed because of the cold... When you carry under a nice coat and pull the thing out into the 20 below wind it will freeze the condensation from being next to your body between the slide and frame and it will fire one round and not have enough umph to put the next one the rest of the way into the chamber... A friend had a Glock that did the same thing also.... The revolver has enough cam force to keep the small amount of ice from allowing it to over take the friction caused and it still goes bang as intended...

One of the problems semi's have, is the lubrication turning to goo.
    Use silicone based lubricant.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yup.
    It seems everyone around me is acting like this is the first winter ever.
    Doesn't even make it to the top 3 of my bad winter list.

Yup. Its cold and we have snow. People need to simply dress in layers and stop acting like NancyBoys! Except for Jedi, he needs to stop acting like a NancyGirl :rolleyes:

Appleseed adopted an old Swedish proverb, but it still rings true: There is no bad weather, only bad clothing.

One of the problems semi's have, is the lubrication turning to goo.
    Use silicone based lubricant.
    Or a dry graphite.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The good news about not keeping a lot of snacks in my house is that I don't keep munching on them.

The bad news, is that there are NO SNACKS.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    That's good for us, where's yours? Are we going to see your smiling face at the M&E?

Yes. I will be there.

Raitekk, that's enough to see if the guns work or not.... but then you will need more...

Jedi is correct, those little lego bricks make great targets....

I will be ordering more soon or later. I just wanted to get at least a little bit of ammo in for now

Welcome to GLOCK perfection! :yesway:

Thanks! :D

Will we see you and your new rifle at Appleseed? It would be a shame to not let her stretch out her shootin legs.

maybe... not sure yet... still trying to figure out schedule with a couple training courses I want to take.
    Jedi does not approve of your rifle ... :rockwoot:You must have set it up correctly and doused it in 100 Proof manliness.

:rockwoot: That's how I knew I did good!

Why? ... You have one GLOCK already. You should pick up a second one in the same caliber for redundancy. GLOCKs are soooo easy to work on and maintain ... assuming they need it. :laugh:

I am going to buy all the 9mm Glocks eventually. Within the next month or so.

Correct ... it's much more than a mere handgun ... it's a fighting tool that will work.

^^^^^^:+1:^^^^^^

Get the most base model Springfield Armory 1911 and beat the crap out of it. Abuse it like a rented mule. Once you get that out of your system, go in search of your safe queen. I have a few that run the gamut if you want to sample some ... Wilson Combat, Kimber Gold Combat RL, SA GI model, SA EMP (9mm). Oh yeah ... then there's Detonics ... have to see Melensdad for that.

I got to try out Jedi's Springfield, and I liked it a lot. I will probably end up with something like that and following your advice of trying it out putting it through its paces.
    Even though it is a 1911, I wouldn't buy one for a safe queen, I would buy it for the purpose of using it as a tool.
    My rifle might look like a safe queen for now, but I will put it to the test, in the training class I am going to take.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    WD, I've shot one of Bob's Detonics, and it was absolutely worth the hot brass down my Halloween costume at one of last years Blythe's meet & shoots.
    The spent brass must have had angel wings after going through the Detonics, as I didn't get burned from it.

That, or I got it out quick enough. I'm going with angel wimgs, though. It was a dream to shoot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    WD, I've shot one of Bob's Detonics, and it was absolutely worth the hot brass down my Halloween costume at one of last years Blythe's meet & shoots.
    The spent brass must have had angel wings after going through the Detonics, as I didn't get burned from it.

That, or I got it out quick enough. I'm going with angel wimgs, though. It was a dream to shoot.

Didn't get burned? Then why all that whining about no one going down your shirt to help retrieve it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom