• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    WD, I've shot one of Bob's Detonics, and it was absolutely worth the hot brass down my Halloween costume at one of last years Blythe's meet & shoots.
    The spent brass must have had angel wings after going through the Detonics, as I didn't get burned from it.

That, or I got it out quick enough. I'm going with angel wimgs, though. It was a dream to shoot.
    I was going to be a gentleman and offer to reach in and help you out but I was laughing too hard.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooo I got back in here and am catching up from earlier and thought I would add....

I had tryed the pistols with some oil residue left over from wiping them down with both LSA and also another time with CLP, but I decided it was best to run them dry in super cold conditions and they still failed to completely load the next round for a couple shots till the gun's got warmed up from firing rounds through them. I decided that a revolver was a better bet in such conditions from that point on...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We ALL were laughing too hard. Next time I shoot it, however, I will NOT be wearing a silly pink costume. :):

Not being in a costume paints a certain picture.

Soooo I got back in here and am catching up from earlier and thought I would add....

I had tryed the pistols with some oil residue left over from wiping them down with both LSA and also another time with CLP, but I decided it was best to run them dry in super cold conditions and they still failed to completely load the next round for a couple shots till the gun's got warmed up from firing rounds through them. I decided that a revolver was a better bet in such conditions from that point on...

How about a silicone or graphite lubricant?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Still working on the write up of the Great Snubbie Shoot-Off. 8 pages, not including the data chart.
    Wow. This is taking longer than I thought.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    (insert pinkdragon's kumbaya picture here)

grouphug.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom