• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    LaPorte County is much better than Porter Country... ask my brother and the doctor that had to put him back together after the gangsters with badges got a hold of him... Just saying....

Kingsbury would be technically closer than Winamac but not as straight to get too.... and we would have to pay 5 bucks to use the range every time we showed up...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hammond was immune to zombies because so many of their voters were already undead?

He he he no.
    Everywhere had issues. In the story as they are doing the major cleanup. A group of soldiers arrives in hammond. They had been part of the cleanup process been fighting from the west coast going east for several years now. In any case they had cleared most of hammond, in and one of the guys is from their. He walks into his home after the cleanup and shots himself in his couch.

The mental effects of the war in his own home were just to much.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    LaPorte County is much better than Porter Country... ask my brother and the doctor that had to put him back together after the gangsters with badges got a hold of him... Just saying....

Kingsbury would be technically closer than Winamac but not as straight to get too.... and we would have to pay 5 bucks to use the range every time we showed up...
    True but for the kids event it's free.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.

It is $4 to shoot there. And you can shoot as long as you want. They do have scheduled cease fire there so people can go down and change their targets. They have 4 100 yard stations. 10 or more 50 yard stations. And a number of 10, 15, and 25 yard stations. Shooting clays is separate from the range no cease fires. Archery is free, you just have to sign in.

My only compliant about kingsbury is that they use this cheap blue foam to hang your targets from. Staples don't work to good, I always bring masking tape with me.

Oh and the bathrooms are nicer than winamacs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lone yes winamac is physically farther.
    What i was trying to say is that the other place being new to me and in laporter county, a county i never touch, makes that farther in my mind.
    Same with going to Madison, wi vs Indy.
    I have done many trips to Madison so and use to that drive.
    I hate going to Indy as i think it's far since i do not do that drive often.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi you are a bit strange aren't you ? Distance is distance and staying in ones own state allows you to exercise rights that you have here... Just saying...

La Porte is alright... I just don't like getting hit another 4 bucks or whatever on top of the 57% of what I make to go to a state run firing range...

PS: Elkhart County is pretty cool.... they have a real Constitutional Sheriff there not like what we are use to here in the hood....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm in complete agreement. Now what should the penalty be? Although Kingsbury is NOT south of the thug line (US30)....

The THUG line really is only US30 in most of Lake County, but it shifts Northbound on the East side of Gary. Can't really say that people north of US30 in Porter, LaPorte, etc are all THUGS. There a pockets of THUGS everywhere but our local pocket is clearly North Lake County.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom