• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    He's doing it wrong on the air conditioning that is....

Where there is no humidity a swamp cooler does a wonderful job..... pennies on the dollar for sure....

With my diabetes and all the pain I have from it.... Winter sucks, dryer warm weather is great.... Blood sugars level out and much less pain in all the joints and nerve endings overall... Won't feel 21 again but won't spend full days in bed either.....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think swamp coolers are miserable ways to cool a house!!!

My wife lived in El Paso for a while, most homes had swamp coolers. Her family ended up moving to Albuquerque and there was a mix of swamp coolers and traditional AC units. Nicer homes had the AC units. Its much more comfortable to run a real AC unit versus humidifying your home with a swamp cooler. They work OK (not great) on the dry hot days but are miserable on any day when there is any humidity in the air and/or its not really hot.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I don't know from using them for long periods of time but I stayed at a in-laws house in Banning, and then in San Diego, California for a month each and that is what he had and it felt fine.. After looking into the system and it's ability to run on a pair of 12 volt fans and a 12 volt water pump it looks cheap to run too...

That said, from reading they don't work in a humid environment at all... Therefore the reason one would use regular air conditioning here in the region with normal humidity ratios of 95 %.... but a desert with a top humidity level of 20 % in the rainy season.... Seems like a good way to go.... I think you would still have to run a small AC unit for a computer room as humidity is bad for electronics but lotd less electicity being used for that than doing the whole house...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Assorted pickles

imagejpg1_zps95927ee5.jpg

PLUS

Assorted peppers

imagejpg3_zps4036d4b7.jpg

PLUS

Assorted cauliflower

imagejpg2_zpsd22005ec.jpg

All MIXED together . . . the makings of some fine home canned sweet pickles.

Should be ready to be put away in a few hours. After sitting for a week it will be ready to eat.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Having birthday party for the wife today. Having a few friends come over. Making the wife a country boil. Crablegs, shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and ears of corn. Boiling it in the turkey frier. One of her favorite dishes.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Well I don't know from using them for long periods of time but I stayed at a in-laws house in Banning, and then in San Diego, California for a month each and that is what he had and it felt fine.. After looking into the system and it's ability to run on a pair of 12 volt fans and a 12 volt water pump it looks cheap to run too...

That said, from reading they don't work in a humid environment at all... Therefore the reason one would use regular air conditioning here in the region with normal humidity ratios of 95 %.... but a desert with a top humidity level of 20 % in the rainy season.... Seems like a good way to go.... I think you would still have to run a small AC unit for a computer room as humidity is bad for electronics but lotd less electicity being used for that than doing the whole house...

It just gets too hot out there for swamp coolers. When my brother was in school in tempe, they'd run a swamp cooler in their house during the summer and it would only cool the house to the mid-90s. Certainly better than 100+, but I hate trying to sleep in the hot. Similar weather in Vegas.

You might like the weather in the Sacramento area. Regularly over 110, and the sun is so intense that you don't even sweat. It just evaporates immediately.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Having birthday party for the wife today. Having a few friends come over. Making the wife a country boil. Crablegs, shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and ears of corn. Boiling it in the turkey frier. One of her favorite dishes.

Lets all crash MTN's place for a meet n eat.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    & this is why Jedi hates going to the store!
    Just got back from Cabela's since they said they had the brass catcher in stock and I had a 11% discount card plus $20 in Cabela's bucks.
    Well as I am entering the store I run into an old flame from high school. :rolleyes: gggrrrrreeeeaaaaattttt we exchange small talk, I say hi to her parents and we walk our separate ways in the store (she was their for a birthday party of her niece).

On my way down I also run over a small flock of kids (4 of them) and the dad apologies and I tell him no worries I'm not in a rush. Then the mom who was turning the corner says "Yup you never were in a rush" and I stop in my tracks. Why? It's another high school flame who moved to Indy after graduation! :faint: Why do the gods hate me! I went to church today!!!!! So we do the small talk and we go our separate ways.

Figure nothing else can go wrong right?
    1) 2 old flames
    2) Cabela's lied and they did NOT have in stock the brass catcher even thought I called ahead of time and gave them the SKU #. :xmad:

But wait as I'm leaving the store another high school girl I knew (I liked her but she only liked me as a friend :puke:) is walking in (for the party as well).

& the god said I hate you Jedi!
    :faint:

Next time f*** this! I'll pay the extra $1 or $2 and have the stuff shipped to my house and avoid all this.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OK who here thinks that JEDI actually had 2 "old flames" in high school?

VOTE BELOW:
    A) NO F'in WAY
    b) Sure, they were Barbie dolls
    3) Only in his dreams
    D) Yes, but they were the ugly girls with mustaches
    5a) All of the Above
    5b) Both were raccoons of the female persuasion​

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Just got back from Cabela's since they said they had the brass catcher in stock and I had a 11% discount card plus $20 in Cabela's bucks.
    Well as I am entering the store I run into an old flame from high school. :rolleyes: gggrrrrreeeeaaaaattttt we exchange small talk, I say hi to her parents and we walk our separate ways in the store (she was their for a birthday party of her niece).

On my way down I also run over a small flock of kids (4 of them) and the dad apologies and I tell him no worries I'm not in a rush. Then the mom who was turning the corner says "Yup you never were in a rush" and I stop in my tracks. Why? It's another high school flame who moved to Indy after graduation! :faint: Why do the gods hate me! I went to church today!!!!! So we do the small talk and we go our separate ways.

1) 2 old flames
    2) Cabela's lied and they did NOT have in stock the brass catcher even thought I called ahead of time and gave them the SKU #. :xmad:

But wait as I'm leaving the store another high school girl I knew (I liked her but she only liked me as a friend :puke:) is walking in (for the party as well).

Next time f*** this! I'll pay the extra $1 or $2 and have the stuff shipped to my house and avoid all this.

Would you you like a little cheese with that WINE.

I vote D.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

1) 2 old flames

What is the problem?
    There's only one ex-gf I'd hate to see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom