Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Oh, and speaking of glasses. On the new job, I have to access the patient charts on the computer, and the print is very small. My bifocals do no good. I got a prescription for computer glasses today, and I thought I'd have to pay through the nose to get them in an hour. Got a pair at LensCrafters for $149 out the door.

Cute frames too. Not designer, but IDGAF. http://www.lenscrafters.com/lc-us/essential-eyewear/8053672118087

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Moved Melen into her suite on campus, went to lunch and she tested her blood sugar levels ... Way too high ... Her insulin pump (Medtronics Mini-Med) failed today. We are almost 800 miles from home! Great timing. Give a call to Medtronics, explain what is happening, they are flying a new pump to us today, guaranteed delivery by 10:30pm this evening. In the mean time it's old school insulin injections every 3 hours. Fortunately she has syringes and supplies packed as a backup. Pumps are great but they last for about a year, maybe 18 months before they fail. Given they cost about as much as a nice used car you just can't keep a backup in the house, but Medtronics has replaced most of her pumps in about 12-18 hours. Longest we had to wait was about 28 hours, but that was only once.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well another problem.

The new insulin pump will NOT arrive tonight at 10;30. It will arrive tomorrow at lunchtime.

So we are extending our stay at the hotel. That means we will be home on Monday evening instead of Sunday evening. Melen is not happy. She needs an insulin shot every 3 hours. That means waking up every few hours all night long.

Great way to start our her second year at college.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    At least she's getting it out of the way while you're there.

Agreed. Its just a stress inducer for her. There is a sorority mixer tonight for her sorority. She is not going. I just booked a hotel for tomorrow night in Lexington, KY. That will allow us to stick around here until mid-afternoon and make sure the new pump is working, etc.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    More issues.

Apparently there is bad weather somewhere (not where I am). Flights are delayed. Now we are here until 6:30pm Sunday night waiting for the insulin pump. That puts this at a 30 hour delay from when the pump died to tomorrow evening.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Glad you found all the supplies in tote 37.

feeling for ya. My daughter went to Pepperdine in LA, and I think we Shipped 30+ boxes...

glad she is now out on her own in boston

With pepperdine tuition, all that shipping must have been a drop in the bucket. Hopefully she had some scholarships...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    at the 1:25 marker "death" is scary!
    [video=youtube_share;9sV7TmjeHGU]http://youtu.be/9sV7TmjeHGU[/video]

**edit**
    actually take that back death appears more in that video.

Last edited:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Anyone ever been on a cruise?
    Did you like it? Not like it?
    Any recommendations, things to avoid?
    When is off-peak season for these type of things?

Pick one that doesn't break down, and that doesn't infect all its passengers with some terrible illness. Also make sure it doesn't sink.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Lol, it's funny because some of that stuff doesn't pertain to the US, they make everything for Canada. But it gives a jist of it, for people who have no idea what to expect.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, going that long on shots has got to be a major pain.... Wishing her the best....

Jedi, you better pack a bigger survival pack if your taking a cruise.... they haven't had a spectacular track record lately....

Got to go blasting today...... but got drenched in the process.....

Did get to end the days shoot with a very good group at 400 yards in the rain.... not bad.... haven't done that in a while....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom