Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ready for another episode of INGO missed connections?

Yeah me neither, but here goes.

So, I'm sitting in Schoop's with my wife eating my burger and mindlessly looking out the window. Suddenly some guy taps on the glass and looks me dead in the eye. He points at me and makes a scolding "No-no" gesture with his fingers. I have no clue who this guy is or what i did to tick him off. So i schrug apologetically and he walks away.

Which schoops?

my god I wouldnt even put that plow on front of my F250

It just needs some TLC. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Made it to North Carolina safe and sound.

Just ate dinner, it was carry out, from THE COOK OUT drive through. Great burgers and milk shakes.

A few observations from the drive:
    If you drive slow, GET THE F*** OUT OF THE LEFT LANE

Just because I have license plates from the state you are from does not mean you have to stare into my car to see if you know me.

If you drive a small low mass vehicle do NOT pull in front of a semi-truck that is coming down a long steep grade in the W. Virginia mountains! This is doubly true when its raining AND their brakes are on fire!

Driving 12 hours is bad enough, driving 11.5 hours in rain sucks, but it was nice to have the rain stop just as we approached the North Carolina state line.

Other than BIBLE and COUNTRY MUSIC stations, apparently there are NO radio stations in Eastern Kentucky or West Virginia

Remember, RADAR DETECTORS are illegal in Virginia. But if you have a really good one you can take it off the windshield mount, set it on the armrest below window level, and still detect the state po-po before they can read your speed.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Touche, don't mess with science.

Flat-landers don't know how to engine brake.

Once we were in a dry county in Kentucky for St. Patrick's Day. :(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Basements suck.
    Some pumps are better than others, but all will eventually fail.

Plows don't work very well on a lawnmower. Not enough weight. Even with weight added, and chains.
    Maybe a snowblower on the front may work better.

In Virginia, I wired my radar detector so that it was hidden, speaker near my headrest, and a power switch.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Move in starts at 9am. Melen and Marcia seem to be in no hurry to get out of bed. So we won't be on campus for the start of move it time. Last year taught us that it gets more crowded, more chaotic and more humid as the hours of the day progress toward noon. So what have I learned? I have learned that despite all the conversation about the 'plan' there is no point in planning anything when you live with women!

That will be me out there, sweating through my shirt, in the heat of the day, trying to unload the 47 tote bins of college crap out in the lawn, and then I'll park 1/2 way across campus since that will be the only place that has spots large enough for a Suburban. But hey, by the time I hike back to the dorm 20 minutes later I'll make it back just in time to haul the tote bins inside AFTER the forecasted rain starts.

Such is the life of the father of a spoiled daughter.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    @melensdad....You should have learned by now to stick all her crap in some dank storage unit, and hire some cheap labor to load and unload so all you have to do is park. Or, ya know, to burn the storage unit down.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sry melendsdad but blame your parents cause
    1) you married the 1st one instead of selling her to buy more guns
    2) you raised the 2nd one instead of selling her to buy more guns
    ;)

46 totes for a dorm room? Ouch!!!

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I remember being surprised in college at what slobs the girls tended to be. They had so much crap they brought with them that it took no time for their rooms/apartments to become disaster areas. Of course the guys were all disgusting too, but tended to have less stuff to be strewn about their living areas. Also, there were less stories of female students walking in on their roommates jerking it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom