Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sadly Larry she believes or wants to continue to believe that evil can not, will not bother her while at the legion.
    At one point i would have told you to ask her why do see need fire extingushters at the legion as well since we can always call 911.
    But alas now I'm off the stands to just take a mental note and should evil come get out of its way should it want her.
    She is a far worse enemy then the anti that is screaming and working aganist us via laws.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sadly Larry she believes or wants to continue to believe that evil can not, will not bother her while at the legion.
    At one point i would have told you to ask her why do see need fire extingushters at the legion as well since we can always call 911.
    But alas now I'm off the stands to just take a mental note and should evil come get out of its way should it want her.
    She is a far worse enemy then the anti that is screaming and working aganist us via laws.

I think the half dozen chuckles maybe let her know guns are more prevalent than she thought.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . .
    Just dropped off a check at the Legion.
    A lady I know says, "Really actaeon? Why bring a gun HERE?"
    . . .
    I get asked similar questions from time to time.

Do you really need a gun at the "dry cleaner?"
    Do you really need a gun at the "supermarket?"
    Do you really need a gun at the "insert common location here"

And the only logical answer is:
    "NOT RIGHT NOW, but ... crime happens where you least expect it, when you least expect it and since I carry every day, everywhere I go I don't think it makes sense to take the gun off before walking into some place when I don't know if ..."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I get asked similar questions from time to time.

Do you really need a gun at the "dry cleaner?"
    Do you really need a gun at the "supermarket?"
    Do you really need a gun at the "insert common location here"

And the only logical answer is:
    "NOT RIGHT NOW, but ... crime happens where you least expect it, when you least expect it and since I carry every day, everywhere I go I don't think it makes sense to take the gun off before walking into some place when I don't know if ..."

I usually have a "crystal ball" response ready. Lately, I haven't had the energy.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I had WOW for a while and all I can say is WOW......

Also little note about the positioning of their cable locations on most poles... Comcast is up higher on the pole than WOW is so WOW gets cut by anything slightly tall going down the road....

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I think wow is the lesser of two evils. I had issues, but they made it right, eventually. They seem better on pricing, and they weren't rated the worst company ever, or whatever title Comcast holds. Plus they were talking about ala carte cable. I doubt it will ever happen, but I like that they know that people don't want their money going to some networks.
    Plus their customer support people have drawls.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Thanks for all the comments about Albert's. Had a gold experience there, but I didn't spend any money. I am going to hold off on resizing my ring in hopes my BP meds will help with swelling.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Everyone ok this am?
    Heard that Hobart got flooded?
    Only one at work right now.
    2 co workers who live near midway have flooded basements.
    I saw a few flooded roads on the way in today. 130 was a bit flooded in places between Wheeler and Hobart. I saw one little car abandoned in a flooded section of road. I am not sure what the hell that person was thinking driving that car into water like that.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Everyone ok this am?
    Heard that Hobart got flooded?
    Only one at work right now.
    2 co workers who live near midway have flooded basements.

My basement is dry. Lots of streets flooded and street lights out in valpo.

Sitting at at working well clinic. Got popped for random drug test today.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I saw a few flooded roads on the way in today. 130 was a bit flooded in places between Wheeler and Hobart. I saw one little car abandoned in a flooded section of road. I am not sure what the hell that person was thinking driving that car into water like that.

Yeah people don't understand the whole "don't drive into water"thing. Last year we had to pull a co-worker's ford exploder out after she drove into water halfway up her door. Needless to say that car never ran again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom