• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Off for the next 4 days. From 3pm Monday-6pm Wednesday I got my 40 in. Now to turn my phone and pager off. Yea upgrades! :stretcher:

Now i can't sleep. my brain is still racing.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anybody ever use a Redding Big Boss 2 press? seem to be good quality. I like the primer catch system better than my RCBS special 5. Thinking of getting one, but was also wondering if you can use lee dies on the big boss as well.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Does anyone know where I can buy a street map for Lake and Porter counties?

Try the convention and visitors' bureau on Kennedy avenue, they might have some.
    What scale are you looking for? Sporting goods stores sell map books that have all the county maps in them, but they're relatively small-scale.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Try the convention and visitors' bureau on Kennedy avenue, they might have some.
    What scale are you looking for? Sporting goods stores sell map books that have all the county maps in them, but they're relatively small-scale.

Was looking for street names and can't find any maps. Daughter showed me how to use google map on my phone. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Any ever deal with Albert's jewelry? I need to have my wedding ring resized and curious about experiences there or suggestions for another shop near Albert's.
    been plesed with alberts, never an issue. PREFER malinich in st john, prices are better, service is great! alberts wan't $52 for a watch battery installed in my movado's (typical price at a jeweler) , malinich does it for $5

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    been plesed with alberts, never an issue. PREFER malinich in st john, prices are better, service is great! alberts wan't $52 for a watch battery installed in my movado's (typical price at a jeweler) , malinich does it for $5

I hate Malinich Jewelery and we had to have stuff that was taken there fixed by other jewelers!

As for Kevin's $5 watch battery, yes, they will do that. But they break the waterproof seal when they do that and they don't replace it. So for that $47 savings you get a watch that is no longer waterproof. If you only wear the watch for special occasions that is fine, save the money.

I have a lot of watches. I don't baby them. But if you are like me and the watch you wear on any given day changes and is subject to whatever I happen to do that day, then I want my watch as rugged as the day it came out of the factory. To me a dress watch is also a field watch when I'm on my tractor, a shooting watch when I'm at my range, and a fancy watch when I'm attending a fund raiser event. I will jump in the pool after getting off the tractor on hot days, clothes and all, so my watch better be willing to take the water too. My Breitling, Baume & Marcier, Technomarine, Gevril, Tissot, Tag Heuer, etc etc etc all came from their respective factories Waterproof. Ditto my wife's various watches. Only my Piaget is not waterproof, never was, never will be.

If you want to spend $5 for a watch battery then you need to realize what you give up. Now if you are fine with that then that is ok with me. But that is not how I wear my watches so I'm more than willing to keep my waterproof watches waterproof.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Is it the same thing on another brand of watch? I wear my Raymond Weil 24/7 (including in the shower), and I had the battery changed at the pawn shop for $7 about two or three months ago.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Is it the same thing on another brand of watch? I wear my Raymond Weil 24/7 (including in the shower), and I had the battery changed at the pawn shop for $7 about two or three months ago.

My wife has a couple Raymond Weil watches. One is a dressier watch similar to yours. Helzberg Jewelers replaced her battery for $5 last summer on the dressy watch, told me right up front that it would no longer be waterproof. Her sport watch has been in the ocean a few times for snokling and sea kayak trips, that one will have its battery replaced at an authorized service center.

I would point out that if you break the seal on a waterproof watch, it will likely be reasonably water resistant (rain or shower proof) but don't go in the swimming pool.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can't stand a watch in the shower.
    Which is probably why I go thru watch bands.

Just dropped off a check at the Legion.
    A lady I know says, "Really actaeon? Why bring a gun HERE?"
    I looked at her funny, and told her I've been carrying there for 20 years.
    Then the bartender told her, "This is an American Legion. A LOT of people here have guns."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom