Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm actually waiting for the eye doctor to open so I can call and make an appointment. I haven't been to the eye doctor in 5 years... I think it's time, I don't even know where to go. Thinking Iliana Eyecare on 41, they accept my insurance, but they don't open until 1, that's crazy.

ForEyes by Southlake has an optometrist... Dr. Jahovic. I've been going to him for several years.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    And what about my daughter are you calling cheap? :bash:

Damn kid went shopping with her mother, bought a pair of flip flops for $110, but justified it by saying they were on sale and she actually saved me money. WTF!?!

$110 flip flops? What?! I thought I was crazy paying $50 for a pair of leather ones! (I have had them over 10 years tho, and they are still in great shape)

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Ehh, I decided I'm not going to go to the eye doctor. The cedar lake office says were booked all week... The one in Lowell is closed on Tuesday. I'm not going to even call anyone else, because I think I'll have to end up going to one by the mall if I want a same day appointment. I've had these glasses for 5 years, what's one more? I'm not an appointment type of person, I like to decide that day whether I want to do something or not. I'll just sit at home and start sipping some whiskey. Oh well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And what about my daughter are you calling cheap? :bash:

Damn kid went shopping with her mother, bought a pair of flip flops for $110, but justified it by saying they were on sale and she actually saved me money. WTF!?!

When I was a kid (holy crap, sound like my grandpa).
    Dad took us to K-Mart for sneakers. And they were the ones in the big bin.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hey, Larry, I heard on the news that there was a fire but no injuries. That's good, at least.
    I'll find out later.
    Spent the mornin on the phone with Indiana Revenue. They had an error on the address of the post, and they put a hold on the liquor license.
    I think the error was "Post 485" vs. "Post 0485"
    Errrrrrrr.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    KMart came to this area in about '74. I'm trying to think where we shopped for clothes and shoes before KMart and Southlake Mall. Gary, I guess. There was a kids' store named Mellick's at the Village, I think. Also Sears, Goldblatt's and Gordons downtown Gary.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Wait a minute... you guys have insurance ? Glad to hear someone has it out there....

Soooooo I got this steel can full of 223 ammo and there isn't any tab or anything to open it with..... How do you guys get in one of these without damaging the ammo inside ?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've never had vision insurance, hence the 2/$149 bifocals.

Funny story. I lost a pair of glasses and was down to my backup pair, so I went to ForEyes to get one more pair. Asked how much bifocals were, and they said two pr. for $149. I said no, I only wanted one pair.. how much would that be? They said $159. :laugh: I got two whether I wanted them or not.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I was just offered a job with Republic Services at there call center. Now what do I do?

I can either be a Sales & Social Media Marketing Coordinator at $12/hr with no benefits except: One week paid vacation, and after a year 7 paid holidays,and all weekends off... But with 2% commission on everything I sell, where I get my own desk, computer, phone, nice chair, good office environment. Also 5 miles closer to home than the other job. And what I think will be a more rewarding career. With the overtime, I would also make more money up front with this job. Also this job has a much more impressive job title, that will look much much better on my resume.

OR

I can be a Customer Service Associate at $12/hr with benefits, 401k, starting with 2 weeks paid vacation a year, sick days, personal days. From what I was told, there is the possibility of a supervisory role after a year or so. But it seems like it will be must less rewarding, and definitely will not look as good on a resume. And yet, you can't argue with the benefits, because from what I was told, they really are great benefits. And there is room to grow within this company.

I don't know what to do. Both jobs seem pretty equal.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I was just offered a job with Republic Services at there call center. Now what do I do?

I can either be a Sales & Social Media Marketing Coordinator at $12/hr with no benefits except: One week paid vacation, and after a year 7 paid holidays,and all weekends off... But with 2% commission on everything I sell, where I get my own desk, computer, phone, nice chair, good office environment. Also 5 miles closer to home than the other job. And what I think will be a more rewarding career. With the overtime, I would also make more money up front with this job. Also this job has a much more impressive job title, that will look much much better on my resume.

OR

I can be a Customer Service Associate at $12/hr with benefits, 401k, starting with 2 weeks paid vacation a year, sick days, personal days. From what I was told, there is the possibility of a supervisory role after a year or so. But it seems like it will be must less rewarding, and definitely will not look as good on a resume. And yet, you can't argue with the benefits, because from what I was told, they really are great benefits. And there is room to grow within this company.

I don't know what to do. Both jobs seem pretty equal.

What's more important to you? Time off, more money, retirement?

To me, benefits is what keeps me where I'm at. I could bring home more cash doing something else, but the total benefit package would cost me more out of pocket. Since I would like to retire someday, having an employer match my contributions is a huge plus.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I replied and I don't know where it went.

Congratulations. Benefits are huge, but it sounds like the Sales/Social Media position is more you. Tough call.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What's more important to you? Time off, more money, retirement?

To me, benefits is what keeps me where I'm at. I could bring home more cash doing something else, but the total benefit package would cost me more out of pocket. Since I would like to retire someday, having an employer match my contributions is a huge plus.
    Bingo

Soooooo I got this steel can full of 223 ammo and there isn't any tab or anything to open it with..... How do you guys get in one of these without damaging the ammo inside ?
    Fire. Ammo inside won't be damaged. Honest. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom