• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Man I'm pretty sure my friend is about to get scammed. He met this "woman" online. She supposedly has $75m in inheritance she cant claim till shes married., and wants to be with him and share it with him. Major red flags in my opinion. 99.9% positive its bs. He wont listen, hes willing to divorce hia qife over this. Any ideas? How can I prove she's fake so hell believe me. She supposedly wants to come meet up with him soon. My major concerns are shes a he, shes a scam artist, shes going to murder him. People can be so blinded by good looks and money, its ridiculous.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Id argue its not worth doing in the first place...
    au contraire. One of the worst feelings in the world is the particular nausea you get when you KNOW that you are going to vomit, but it hasn't happened yet. I'd rather just do it and be done with it than sit around for 30 minutes dreading it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Man I'm pretty sure my friend is about to get scammed. He met this "woman" online. She supposedly has $75m in inheritance she cant claim till shes married., and wants to be with him and share it with him. Major red flags in my opinion. 99.9% positive its bs. He wont listen, hes willing to divorce hia qife over this. Any ideas? How can I prove she's fake so hell believe me. She supposedly wants to come meet up with him soon. My major concerns are shes a he, shes a scam artist, shes going to murder him. People can be so blinded by good looks and money, its ridiculous.
    You can't fix stupid. You would have to be to think that is legit. I am guessing she will ask for money to move or some such.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

If it's in true scam style, they will never meet. "She" will have one excuse after another not to meet, all the while finding ways to bleed him. It definitely sounds fishy to me.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If it's in true scam style, they will never meet. "She" will have one excuse after another not to meet, all the while finding ways to bleed him. It definitely sounds fishy to me.

In my one and only foray into Match.com, I met a guy who was supposedly from Merrillville. We emailed for weeks. He texted me "good morning" every morning from a Maryland cell number. He told me he had just moved from Maryland and that's why he was not listed in this area yet. I kept pushing him for us to just get together for breakfast or something, but he said he wanted to take it slow because he had not dated since his wife passed away. I was starting to get suspicious, but was curious to see what he would do. Eventually he sent me a picture of himself at a golf course. I asked where it was, and he said it was the one in Hammond. I sent the pictures to the Hammond Golf Course and asked if that was their course, and they said no. When I confronted Alex about it, he stopped contacting me altogether. I never let him get to the actual "send me money" part.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I hit up a girl on Craigslist once while I was between dating. Just wanted a quick fling. Pics and all, before she met she told but some surgery that removed part of her hoo hoo due to hpv. Very common, but I wasn't aware St the time. I said thanks for being honest, but later!!!!

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

Something will come up, she'll need hos assistance and a little money, then more assistance and more money, and this will go until he's broke or wises up.

Also, let him know I'm a nigerian prince and need help moving my family fortune into the states.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    AV is crap. I never met a good one. We are having issues with VMware's vShield driver grinding our system to a halt. If VMware can get it fixed, we will have to install, configure & manage av on every server on the farm. Personally, I just use a vm and blow it away every reboot for surfing.

That email sounds like a scam, I wouldn't give it a second thought. @SD I'll tell you if the picture was at lost marsh or not.

Is that couchsurfing site still around? That made for some interesting times.

The times went to crap since they took away the comments. Don't they just regurgitate that rag, The Sun Times' swill anyway?

Good luck with the range. It sounds fun.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I hit up a girl on Craigslist once while I was between dating. Just wanted a quick fling. Pics and all, before she met she told but some surgery that removed part of her hoo hoo due to hpv. Very common, but I wasn't aware St the time. I said thanks for being honest, but later!!!!

I'm surprised this was a deal breaker, instead of a firm requirement to get involved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom