Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Two more shifts and then I'm off for two weeks. Tried to get three weeks, but only got two approved. For getting 6 weeks paid vacation/year, I've never been approved to use more than two or three a year (and never consecutively)

That sucks. Seems like they would have to let you take them.

When I was at Ivy Tech, we got four personal business days per year. We couldn't use them sequentially, we couldn't use them in conjunction with a paid holiday, and we had to tell them what we needed the day off for so they could approve it or not.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Do they allow you to cash it out? Always nice to have that option.

Yup. Not really complaining, I know I've got a pretty sweet setup with that. But still haven't ever been able to use all my vacation time in a year.

It rolls over too, but once you hit 300ish? hours in the bank they force you to cash out at the end of the year. Has happened the last two years I've had to cash out about 80 hours. Extra paycheck around Christmas is always welcomed.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    C557670A-B3A5-445F-8D3E-A99BE18B8B8B_zpstd3trv8g.jpg
    For snapdragon

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    The steam show is supposed to be this weekend. I wonder if everyone from the rained out steam show is crowded in the gun show. If anyone goes to the gun show please post about the crowd.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Flew down to New Orleans yesterday.

Staying at the Windsor Court Hotel, outside the edge of the French Quarter, and am enjoying the food but despising the heat/humidity.

Beautiful hotel, not sure what the cost is because my wife booked us into it. Got a double king suite on the club floor so I'm betting its a pretty penny to stay here. Right now I'm enjoying the a complimentary glass of bourbon from the club down the hall.

Dinner reservations at Arnauds tonight, in the Jazz Room. New Orleans Jazz Bistro | Fine Dining | Bourbon Street |Arnaud's Restaurant

Had coffee at Cafe Dumonde Welcome to Cafe Du Monde New Orleans | Cafe Du Monde French Market Coffee Stand and went to Katie's Katie's Restaurant for a casual lunch of charbroiled oysters and a soft shell crab Po-boy sandwich.

We walked Bourbon Street last night about midnight, its nastier than I remembered. Walked around the French quarter today, stopped in the Cathedral for a visit, and rode the trolly around.

Tomorrow I want to get to Tulane University, just to see it. We have brunch at Mr B's Bistro New Orleans' Finest Creole Restaurant : New Orleans, Louisiana : Mr. B's Bistro

Short trip, so we fly home late tomorrow night.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Please tell me you got a beignet Bob, if not you have to they are amazing. Theres a small place covered in mirrors that serves them on the counter that wraps around the place, its the best.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Please tell me you got a beignet Bob, if not you have to they are amazing. Theres a small place covered in mirrors that serves them on the counter that wraps around the place, its the best.

I must be tired, I don't know what a beignet is, but I read it as a bidet... So I was confused about the covered in mirrors part.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lol its basically a french donut. They are sooo good

Yup, we had a couple orders of them. Its a puffy donut, with about a 1/2 pound of powdered sugar sprinkled over it. So much powdered sugar that its covering the floors, tables and people.

We ate them at Cafe Dumonde, its been serving them 24 hours a day since 1834. I presumed they shut down during hurricanes?

Went back to get another glass of bourbon, love the benefits of staying on a club floor in hotels. I could have stayed there and drank all I could consume for free but I brought it back to the room. Just one glass, about 3 fingers full.

Heading out to dinner soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom