Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, but half pay is better than no pay. I'm looking for a job, and I'm about ready to settle for anything to get some money coming in. If I could weld...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Wife is making breakfast smelling like Bacon in here! This afternoon we are heading across the line to the Windy City Smokeout for some BBQ and Eli Young Band.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    kev- why do you feel welders should make that much money? I think these out of staters working on this pipeline are making around $100/hr... Why on earth should they be making that? all their doing is fusing metals...

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    kev- why do you feel welders should make that much money? I think these out of staters working on this pipeline are making around $100/hr... Why on earth should they be making that? all their doing is fusing metals...
    ANYONE can fuse metals together, but how many can do full penetration welds that can withstand pressure testing without failing? And not just pass sometimes, or most times, but every single time?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ANYONE can fuse metals together, but how many can do full penetration welds that can withstand pressure testing without failing? And not just pass sometimes, or most times, but every single time?

Yup. I can weld. But to make my welds look good you need to follow me around with a grinder and a wire wheel. There are people who can weld and then there are skilled welders.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Right now it's hard to find another job that's willing to offer a good wage and benefits to start. Most want experience and willing to let the new employee's do most everything under the sun for a position. Like Snapdragon, I have been looking and not had any results, a lot of "we will get back to you" and not a word or email to say sorry or the position is filled. I like how the same position is back up in a week or two on the job sites.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Right now it's hard to find another job that's willing to offer a good wage and benefits to start. Most want experience and willing to let the new employee's do most everything under the sun for a position. Like Snapdragon, I have been looking and not had any results, a lot of "we will get back to you" and not a word or email to say sorry or the position is filled. I like how the same position is back up in a week or two on the job sites.

Yeah. I've applied to retail and call center jobs, and never get a call, and then I see the same position posted in a few weeks. Can't even get a ****ing minimum wage job at a call center.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Wow. That would be a hike. Do you know how much they pay? Better yet, I may just ride the truck.

Thanks, though. I'll check into it. Would need to get a smaller car for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom