Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sorry pinkdragon. What caused it?
    As for the grass.... cement lots n lots of that grey stuff.

Don't know but it was a doozy. This time instead of the eye/head pain, my neck got stiff and hurt like hell. And I :puke: way more than usual. Couldn't find my new bottle of Relpax, and when I finally found it, I had to navigate those damn blister packs, which are just a cruel joke for someone with a migraine.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Lawn tractor is broken, my master carpentry and tile setting skills do not translate into lawn mower repair skills.
    Is your last name vila? Lol

Don't say ivy. I've been pulling ivy off the house the last 3 days. I went to bed last night, and when I closed my eyes, I was seeing ivy.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Don't know but it was a doozy. This time instead of the eye/head pain, my neck got stiff and hurt like hell. And I :puke: way more than usual. Couldn't find my new bottle of Relpax, and when I finally found it, I had to navigate those damn blister packs, which are just a cruel joke for someone with a migraine.

Those neck ones suck. Have you tried acupuncture?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Little of both. It's good for getting at your specific trigger points to help prevent bringing them on, and to help break the cluster migraines up if you're in the midst of getting a bunch of them. For me, there's this upper ear lobe thing they do that feels like the inside of the base of my skull is being massaged. More effective than what the docs used to give me by far.

Of course, you could just move to Colorado or Washington and get some, uh, alternative meds. That will take care of the pain and nausea almost immediately.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'll see how quick this one goes away. If I still have trouble in a couple of days, I'll check out the acupuncture. God, I'm boring. I don't think I even have any friends who do alternative meds, and I went to Crown Point High School, FFS.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Only ones I know who are still into it still live in California, and have just started to become depressing. I could care less what a person does with their own time, money, and body, but that doesn't mean it isn't pretty damn depressing to watch.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Lawn tractor is broken, my master carpentry and tile setting skills do not translate into lawn mower repair skills. So I got the big diesel tractor out, started mowing with that on the rain soaked lawn, pretty much have deep muddy ruts in the front lawn now. Wife is not happy with me.
    Bring that tractor over here, couple two, tree (mispelled on purpose) swipes and our yard would be good. I don't even care about the ruts.

Got a headache and started some sneezing this afternoon....

Hope I didn't catch anything as I don't think I have anymore weight that I can get rid of at this point...

Decided I'm using a revolver in this next photo shoot but got to get some leather belts that will be small enough to fit the models.... Going to have to cut some leather belts down to fit these young ladies....
    Find some more beautiful ladies that are built like me, that way I don't have to take five hours adjusting belts and straps to fit me every dang time. :)

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    No, never have. I don't know if I get them often enough to do the acupuncture. Does it prevent the migraines or treat them during/after?

All healing is self healing. Having an acupuncturist on your healing team can help your body do what it needs to do. When it comes to pain management and neurological issues TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) fills a niche that western medicine does not.

If you want to give acupuncture a go, Rebecca in Miller/Chesterton is the best in NWI. I could also recommend a dozen in Chicago. Today I was in a massage class taught by one of the better acupuncturists in the USA. If you would like to try Tui Na (acupressure) and other related Asian body therapies you can PM me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

When I try to open those with a migraine (why else would I be opening them) I want to meet the guy who decided to put the pills in a trap.

Those neck ones suck. Have you tried acupuncture?

No, never have. I don't know if I get them often enough to do the acupuncture. Does it prevent the migraines or treat them during/after?

I've heard some people say that Chiropractor adjustments can help prevent migraines.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I've had great experiences with chiropractic as well. If the issue is something musculoskeletal, there are better alternatives than meds. Those will just cover up or treat symptoms, not the root causes.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom