• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I just finished up the 5th book of "A Song of Ice and Fire" which is the basis for the HBO series "Game of Thrones." It's a long read but incredibly well done. Highly recommend it, especially if you get the audio books and listen while commuting.

A Dance with Dragons is terrible.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    A Dance with Dragons is terrible.

For me, A Feast for Crows was the weakest because it was so different stylistically from the other books, and followed the minor characters I just didn't care about.

I'm tired of Daenyrys though. Don't want to hear any more of her self righteous crap. Just want Dragon carnage.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    For me, A Feast for Crows was the weakest because it was so different stylistically from the other books, and followed the minor characters I just didn't care about.

I'm tired of Daenyrys though. Don't want to hear any more of her self righteous crap. Just want Dragon carnage.

I say just announce Jon Snow to be the son of Leanna Stark and Raygar Tergarian and be done with it, i don't need 5 books of foreshadowing.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Nah, he's Azor A'hai reincarnated. Or.....he's dead like everyone else.

If he is dead, I'll never pick up another Song of Ice and Fire book again. But since the red witch is most powerful at the wall, she will prolly bring him back. But I think Jon Snow is the secret that Ned swore to Lyanna Stark on her death bed, because the way her death is described, she died in childbirth, and she could have only been impregnated by Prince Raygar Targarian. Who was infatuated with her. And even Prince Oberon admitted that Prince Raygar was seeing a woman other than his sister.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    If he is dead, I'll never pick up another Song of Ice and Fire book again. But since the red witch is most powerful at the wall, she will prolly bring him back. But I think Jon Snow is the secret that Ned swore to Lyanna Stark on her death bed, because the way her death is described, she died in childbirth, and she could have only been impregnated by Prince Raygar Targarian. Who was infatuated with her. And even Prince Oberon admitted that Prince Raygar was seeing a woman other than his sister.

Interesting argument, and I can see the logic behind it. I too will be really, really pissed if they kill off Jon. I'm convinced he's Azor Ahai reincarnated because Melisandre talks about seeking Rh'llor in her fires and only finding Snow. Only thing he's missing is Lightbringer, but his sword does have a very unique story behind it. Stannis's sword is definitely a fake Lightbringer, and Melisandre knows it, so she's got some plan for/knowledge of what's going to happen to Jon.

Martin has yet to really use The Others yet, which makes me hope they're gonna bring the hammer down soon. Maybe the series just ends with everyone dead, and a perpetual night. I could live with that.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting argument, and I can see the logic behind it. I too will be really, really pissed if they kill off Jon. I'm convinced he's Azor Ahai reincarnated because Melisandre talks about seeking Rh'llor in her fires and only finding Snow. Only thing he's missing is Lightbringer, but his sword does have a very unique story behind it. Stannis's sword is definitely a fake Lightbringer, and Melisandre knows it, so she's got some plan for/knowledge of what's going to happen to Jon.

Martin has yet to really use The Others yet, which makes me hope they're gonna bring the hammer down soon. Maybe the series just ends with everyone dead, and a perpetual night. I could live with that.

Brad, you need to read this, sums up what I have been thinking for a long time.

Game Of Thrones: 7 Clues To The True Parentage of Jon Snow

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Some interesting points. I need to go back and check some of these things out.

One thing I've thought since somewhere in the second book is that Jon and Bran are the most important characters, and it certainly seems to be playing out that way. Unless Jon is dead.
    Enough of the GoT blabber!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If anyone knows of someone looking for an 85 riviera with a 307 that may need a torque convertor so bring a trailer for 2600. Let me know I would like to get rid of it before years end. We could use the extra funds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom