• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Don't know what to do with your delinquent kid for 4 days this summer?

Send them to Lowell High School's field house so I can beat them with a 3' long metal rod during our Summer Sport Fencing Camp. Home School kids, kids from other school districts, all are welcome to come get a beating! :):

July 28, 29, 30, 31.

8am to NOON.

If you don't want me beating your child with a metal stick, there will be another coach there, as well as some volunteer varsity fencers who can step and do the beating.

Oh, and we'll give them a T-Shirt to prove they got a beating :rockwoot:

LINK => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ol-lowell-july-28-29-30-31-a.html#post5073063

LOWELL HIGH SCHOOL FENCING CAMP:
    July 28, 29, 30 & 31
    8am to NOON
    Lowell High School Field House​

If you know any middle school aged or high school aged students (6th grade and above) please let them know about this camp, to sign up they can send an email to Coach McPheeters (see below for contact info). Camp includes learning basics, participation in bouts, camp T-Shirt, plus a Beginners Tournament at the end of camp.

The goals of this camp are to introduce middle & high school aged students to the world of Sport Fencing. To provide a safe training atmosphere for students to learn with other students of similar ages. To allow students to learn the basics of sport fencing in non-intimidating surroundings.

This camp will be coached by Coaches:
    • Kendra McPheeters (Foil Coach at L.H.S. + Foil Coach at NWI Fencing Club)
    • Bob Skurka (Saber Coach at L.H.S. + Armorer at Marian Catholic H.S. & NWI Fencing Club)
    • L.H.S. Varsity Fencers will be assisting with coaching duties to provide individualized training

While this camp is being held at Lowell, it is open to Home Schoolers,
    and kids from other school districts.

For detailed information please send an EMAIL => mcpheeters-neal@tricreek.k12.in.us

For those who are unaware, there is the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club located in St John, IN so if your child is interested in fencing as sport, they can also get lessons or practice at the NW Indiana Fencing Club, St John, IN In fact, taking the Lowell Fencing Camp would be a great prelude to anyone who might be interested in fencing, they could then follow up at the NWI Fencing Club.

There are 3 different weapons used in Sport Fencing. "Saber" is the FASTEST and MOST AGGRESSIVE of the 3 weapons used in fencing. "Foil" and "Epee," the other 2 weapons are slower and more deliberate in style and form. "Foil" is a dueling weapon of kings and their courts. "Epee" is modeled after fighting swords (think of the '3 Musketeers' movie). A typical "Saber" bout will take 45 to 90 seconds to complete while both "Foil" and "Epee" bouts may take closer to 3 minutes as the action is planned and deliberate. Students will pick 1 of the weapons and stick with it for the 4 day camp.

Below is my daughter in 2 different Great Lakes High School Conference bouts fencing "Saber," in both bouts she is the girl on the left side of the screen.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lIMfniaOMNY[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wk99FO_PkI8[/video]

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Petro on 61st and Broadway (M'ville) might be closing down.

Owners are undecided. Workers are unhappy with unsure future and looking for other jobs.
    Darn.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    VC Cigars - from Victor Calvo -

are sponsoring a cigar night at the NWI INGO Clubhouse

~ PIT STOP SMOKE SHOP's 1101 Cigar Lounge ~

Thursday June 5 from 6pm to 9pm

large_mikes-cigars-product-623.jpg

These are easy to smoke, hand made, cigars at reasonable prices. Not the normal $8 to $15 price tags
    from many of the name brands, those cigars are mostly in the under $7.00 price range. But as is normal
    for these events, there is NO PRESSURE to buy a cigar, NO PRESSURE to smoke a cigar. You are welcome
    to join in if you choose, but you should not feel obligated. There is NO CHARGE, these events are sponsored
    by the cigar company and I open them up to INGO members.

We are planning to have a guitar player, plus there will be complimentary coffee, Pepsi and water.

If you have never Open Carried this is a comfortable
    place where Open Carry is welcomed and accepted. There is NO
    requirement to Openly Carry a gun, but you are welcome to do so
    if you wish to give it a try.

The parking lot is small, feel free to park in the large empty lot to the west side of the cigar lounge! :yes way:

Picture6-1.png

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Don't know what to do with your delinquent kid for 4 days this summer?

Send them to Lowell High School's field house so I can beat them with a 3' long metal rod during our Summer Sport Fencing Camp. Home School kids, kids from other school districts, all are welcome to come get a beating! :):

July 28, 29, 30, 31.

8am to NOON.

If you don't want me beating your child with a metal stick, there will be another coach there, as well as some volunteer varsity fencers who can step and do the beating.

Oh, and we'll give them a T-Shirt to prove they got a beating :rockwoot:

LINK => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ol-lowell-july-28-29-30-31-a.html#post5073063
    So its legal to beat my future kids with a metal rod, but when I do it I end up in prison :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom