• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Small problem of the hitch goes through my bumper. There is a cutout.
    I'd have to widen the cut on the bumper.
    What about welding stock to the tube?

That tube is powercoated, you could never get it clean enough to sleeve the inside of it. If you don't want to mod your bumper (which is what I would still recommend) than I would recommend having a plate made at a local welding shop with a solid bar. I know Matts Repair in Lowell could do it on the cheap. If the shop doesn't have 1 1/4 inch solid stock than just buy the longest ball mount you can and cut the flange for the ball off of it and have it welded to the plate. If you go to 2 inch rear than you won't need an adapter to use the winch on the front. I am shocked to hear that they make a front hitch for an Escape.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    TV question....
    Pm please...

So, I've got Dish Network and want to drop them. I currently have a receiver setup for 2 tvs but have a splitter in one of the lines to have 3 tvs. (Basically same channel will show on 2 of the 3 tvs). I wanna get a digital antenna, can I run 1 antenna for all 3 tvs? I plan to get hulu and maybe netfix. Do I need a device for each tv for that too?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    TV question....
    Pm please...

So, I've got Dish Network and want to drop them. I currently have a receiver setup for 2 tvs but have a splitter in one of the lines to have 3 tvs. (Basically same channel will show on 2 of the 3 tvs). I wanna get a digital antenna, can I run 1 antenna for all 3 tvs? I plan to get hulu and maybe netfix. Do I need a device for each tv for that too?

If you put a digital antenna (ie. over the airways) you will still need a digital to analog convertor box for each TV.
    http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=979935011

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I ended up getting a Direct C5 ClearStream
    Amazon.com: Antennas Direct C5 ClearStream 5 High Gain Digital VHF Antenna: Electronics
    and installing it inside the attic then just used the existing co-axial in the house to connect the TVs to it.

Then I got one of these "Magnavox DTV Digital to Analog Converter" for each TV
    Amazon.com: Magnavox DTV Digital to Analog Converter: Electronics

I got 4 of them in the house. 2 for free as my grandma did not need them anymore and 2 for under $10 each on craiglist.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    *yawn* Hi NW peeps.

keep-calm-and-say-goodbye-7_520aa773e087c33c3674dc3c.png

I'm off to dreamland!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I ended up getting a Direct C5 ClearStream
    Amazon.com: Antennas Direct C5 ClearStream 5 High Gain Digital VHF Antenna: Electronics
    and installing it inside the attic then just used the existing co-axial in the house to connect the TVs to it.

Then I got one of these "Magnavox DTV Digital to Analog Converter" for each TV
    Amazon.com: Magnavox DTV Digital to Analog Converter: Electronics

I got 4 of them in the house. 2 for free as my grandma did not need them anymore and 2 for under $10 each on craiglist.

Only if you don't have a digital tuner built into the tv.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I think I have a built in tuner in all my tvs...
    LG LED
    Toshiba LCD
    Insignia LCD
    All bought within 5 yrs id say
    You don't need a converter box. Only cheap thugs like Jedi, who shop in the alley with a beat up truck, need things like converter boxes.
    One of these should work fine for splitting the signal.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    TV question....
    Pm please...

I have ROKU boxes on each of our TV sets. Using my internal WiFi connected to the internet I can stream Hulu, Netflix, Crackle and a couple hundred other channels to the sets with each TV being able to select its own channels.

1 digital antenna will give you over the air channels for all TV sets.

Oh and I agree with everything Bill B wrote.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom