• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Hey friends. I was thinking of possibly going to Deb's tomorrow. It has been probably 5 years since I have been there last. Does anyone go there regularly? Are they normally packed? It's a lot closer to me than Blythe's even though their range I hear is better. I just want to shoot my Glock maybe like 100-150 rounds.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Still no ventilation at Deb's, upstairs or downstairs. The times I've been there during the day on weekends, it's packed. Had better luck with early mornings and later evenings.

I believe they also raised prices recently.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Still no ventilation at Deb's, upstairs or downstairs. The times I've been there during the day on weekends, it's packed. Had better luck with early mornings and later evenings.

I believe they also raised prices recently.
    What is the clientele like? There was no one there when I went 5 years ago.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    What is the clientele like? There was no one there when I went 5 years ago.

Varied. Last time I was there I had to give two moron thug types an earful about keeping their guns pointed downrange. They were receptive at least. You could tell they just had zero experience with actual safe shooting, which is always scary when hitting a public range. I usually share a stall with a friend so we can monitor the other shooters and make sure we're not getting muzzled unknowingly.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Varied. Last time I was there I had to give two moron thug types an earful about keeping their guns pointed downrange. They were receptive at least. You could tell they just had zero experience with actual safe shooting, which is always scary when hitting a public range. I usually share a stall with a friend so we can monitor the other shooters and make sure we're not getting muzzled unknowingly.

That exactly what I was worried about. I don't necessarily enjoy shooting by myself but not many of my friends own firearms. I was recently at Cabelas and there was a guy looking for home defense shotguns and he kept flagging people around him and lacked trigger discipline. I finally understood when he pulled out his Il. FOID. And I don't mean to generalize but with the location of the range I guess I kind of expected to hear a similar story.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I don't think most of the people here are going to take issue with a generalization about IL shooters. Make access to the ability to train more difficult, keep the general populace more ignorant about guns, and generally put as many hurdles as possible between citizens and the right to own, and you're going to have people lacking the general knowledge that must be respected around firearms.

That said, there are dummies everywhere and all one can do is be vigilant and always aware of their own safe handling practices as well.

:soapbox:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh, and I need to get out and kill some more POISON IVY. Looks like I've got a good size crop of that growing this year. If I could harvest and sell it I'd certainly be rich. Its popping up everywhere this year. Much to my dismay. Thinking of getting some 'cuttings,' potting them in nice little pots and driving them up to Jedi's house to leave on his front porch as a surprise gift. I need to pay him back for the hug he gave me.

You could bring them I'm sure like most everything garden related Jedi will kill it.
    Can I get a few extra for my neighboor. mmmuuuuaaaaahhhhhh

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I don't think most of the people here are going to take issue with a generalization about IL shooters. Make access to the ability to train more difficult, keep the general populace more ignorant about guns, and generally put as many hurdles as possible between citizens and the right to own, and you're going to have people lacking the general knowledge that must be respected around firearms.

That said, there are dummies everywhere and all one can do is be vigilant and always aware of their own safe handling practices as well.

:soapbox:

This is true. I do also know about the range in Winamac but that's a trek. I also heard Blythe's is decent but Valpo also is a 40 minute drive for me.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Been at Blythes many of times and only bought one handgun. I'm sure I've seen sadclown and he may be who my 2nd cousin knows.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just got back inside from spraying brush killer.

Concentrated mostly on the damn poison ivy that is infesting the area around some small trees near our new raised bed garden. Its also growing up on the old pool shed, which we are reclaiming as a garden shed. Mixed the brush killer double strength. I don't know if that is strong enough to kill it, but it should stunt it pretty good. If I can get it to stop spreading then i can go in with gloves and pull it.

Then its off to the burn pile with the vines. But when I burn poison ivy I make sure nobody hangs around the fire, the smoke is enough make you break out, and breathing in the smoke can cause real breathing problems.

Yeah. I got sadclowned before I knew who he was.

Same with a friend from IL who was buying a new 'clip' for his Beretta :rolleyes:

Is your friend a politician or a member of the media? :whistle:

I think they are the only ones who really think that magazines and clips are interchangeable terms.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Bought a couple more blueberry bushes today, the last big ones they had at Lowes. Brings us up to a total of 10 bushes, at least 4, maybe 5 different varieties for a bit of genetic diversity for cross pollination. Also picked up a new Plum tree, it will replace a cherry tree that was killed by the winter cold.

Have a couple more raised beds to rake smooth before they get planted. The garden just keeps on growing.

I want to make a permanent bed for strawberries but I'm not sure where I want to plant them.

Oh, and I need to get out and kill some more POISON IVY. Looks like I've got a good size crop of that growing this year. If I could harvest and sell it I'd certainly be rich. Its popping up everywhere this year. Much to my dismay. Thinking of getting some 'cuttings,' potting them in nice little pots and driving them up to Jedi's house to leave on his front porch as a surprise gift. I need to pay him back for the hug he gave me.
    Strawberries are weeds. My wife planted two 4'x4' beds with them, and I find them all over the place. I had them growing in my driveway behind teh barn last year. That is a couple of hundred feet from where they were planted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom