• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just filled a 16' x 8' raised bed with dirt. It is destined to be my new Blueberry patch. I figure it should hold 10 bushes. 2 rows of 5 with an aisle in between for picking.

Also built up and then filled an 8' x 12' raised bed for some veggies. I've been building a raised bed garden for my wife. Another couple beds to go.

Very sore now. Even though the heavy lifting was done by a front end loader.
    What are you using to build the bed?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I'm having so much fun in this thread. I can't believe all those selfish people who want kids and want everyone else but themselves to pay for all there schooling.

Stay tuned, the fun continues.

Here's a question for you to see if you can help me understand how the system works? If a man and wife stay married and raise their children and work together to put the children thru college, how come if the same couple get divorced, the entire burden of college payment is put only on the father and not the mother?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here's a question for you to see if you can help me understand how the system works? If a man and wife stay married and raise their children and work together to put the children thru college, how come if the same couple get divorced, the entire burden of college payment is put only on the father and not the mother?

The short answer is because people sux.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Because the system is stuck in the 50s and thinks the man is the sole bread winner still.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    5/4 by 6 1/2 deck boards are making the frames. They are just holding the dirt in place. I'm making paths out of #8 crushed limestone, pretty much the same depth as the dirt. There is weed barrier under the limestone.
    Ah, that is a good idea. The wife has decided she wants to move from the in the ground garden to more built up beds.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No, just blew my nose and it started pouring out the left side. I stuffed a kleenex in that side... soaked a couple of them through, but it finally stopped.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OK, I contacted AT&T and they are going to block all anonymous calls. Got two more last night... one at 1:00 am and one at 4:30 am. While I was on the line, I also asked about getting a wireless receiver for one of the TV's. They are going to swap out one of our regular receivers for a wireless for no charge. Now we can watch in the kitchen where there is no hookup, and just take the receiver to the living room once a year while we're handing out halloween candy, cause that's the only time we watch TV in there.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    When my son got his divorce it worked out that his ex owed him child support. It was literally only 2-3$ a week, but she owed him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom