actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm having the "DAY OF TIRE" today.

New spare (from previous tires) is on the front of the Escape, but it's leaking out the valve stem.

The trailer has it's spare on, but that leaves one tire that's still probably close to blowing.
    So, now I need to get 2 more trailer tires.
    ERRRRR.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, I just heard someone trying to describe a migraine to someone. Their description was, "a brain freeze. Except instead of lasting 15 seconds, it just keeps going."

What do you think?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    So, I just heard someone trying to describe a migraine to someone. Their description was, "a brain freeze. Except instead of lasting 15 seconds, it just keeps going."

What do you think?

It's not the worst description, but doesn't capture the nausea and general malaise effectively. Or the light sensitivity.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Mine follow a very predictable pattern. Light sensitivity (which I may not notice at first). Little random dots of flashing lights and floaters.. I call them sparkles. By then I know what's up and I reach for my Relpax. Then comes the huge black spots that block my vision. God help me if I'm driving or even trying to peel that damn foil off the Relpax blister pack. Then comes the nausea and :puke:. Then comes the guy inside my eyeball(s) trying to poke his way out with an icepick. (That's the part that could be interpreted as brain freeze, I guess.)

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

New spare (from previous tires) is on the front of the Escape, but it's leaking out the valve stem.

The trailer has it's spare on, but that leaves one tire that's still probably close to blowing.
    ERRRRR.

I just replaced the front tires on my wife's escape yesterday. I hit a sewer grate and took a big chunk out of one. It still held air, so that was good. Then I had to listen to the service guy at the ford dealership go on about how he want's single payer healthcare. :xmad:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:drool:
    I have never see that gun but have read about it in several books and the one that comes to mind is "unintended consequences".
    What a beautiful gun for what it did to that APPLE product!
    I would be willing to pay $60 a round to be able to do that.

I wonder however if that gun could actually go thru modern day tanks? :dunno:
    It was used against early german tanks IIRC.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner

ERRRRR.

Buy tires rated for double the weight you intend to haul. I went through a set of 4 every year until I learned to pay double for better rated tires, and they're on year three now. And that's including a couple trips well overloaded with 12-15,000 lbs tractors on a 10klb trailer.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :drool:
    I have never see that gun but have read about it in several books and the one that comes to mind is "unintended consequences".
    What a beautiful gun for what it did to that APPLE product!
    I would be willing to pay $60 a round to be able to do that.

It was used against early german tanks IIRC.

no

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Buy tires rated for double the weight you intend to haul. I went through a set of 4 every year until I learned to pay double for better rated tires, and they're on year three now. And that's including a couple trips well overloaded with 12-15,000 lbs tractors on a 10klb trailer.

I agree, but his tires looked pretty good for the size of the trailer he had. Its a lightweight trailer, probably a 5'x8' with a 1500 max load. The tires were NOT the ultra-cheepies you see on some of the those small landscape trailers. They were also not undersized, which is often a problem on the small trailers. So I think he may have just had some bad luck.

I'd actually like to get a trailer that size, but with a 3500# axel under it and real automotive tires. Not that I'd carry 3500# on such a small trailer, but it would certainly be a more rugged little trailer that would handle just about anything that would fit on the bed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    badonkadonk.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom