• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Got to get out and shoot yesterday. It was a great time. Got my wife out, as well as the neighbor and his wife. We ended up shooting a few .22s, an AR, 20ga, and 9mm pistols. The girls had a great time, and I think we convinced both our wives that more guns are always better.

I also got to test fire/function check my new 6.5 Grendel build. It was only about 50yds but I wanted to make sure everything was working and that I could get it on paper and begin to sight it. Final sight in will be at 100yds to start. Everything functioned PERFECTLY, I'm really excited because I sourced every piece on this build myself, and assembled it alone. At 50yds my neighbor, who never shot an AR or anything like my 6.5, put 5 rounds in a < dime size hole. It was shooting low and to the right, but I'll fix that later. Can't wait to get the comp on that I have ordered and stretch it out.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Approximately a cube 42" by 42" by 42" give or take a couple inches.

It was a food grade container, not sure what it contained, but it has diesel fuel in it now. I need to refill the big steel tank soon, I'll use a transfer pump and empty the plastic tank into the big steel tank. At that point I will have no more use for the plastic tank. I got a little over 3000 gallons of free diesel fuel when I retired about 6 years ago. At 40mpg it takes a long time to burn up that much fuel, I figure I have another 6 months of fuel before I need to actually pay for fuel again. The steel tank is my permanent tank, the plastic tanks have been used as temporary storage. This is my last plastic tank. But it will be free to good home when I'm done with it or it will end up on my bonfire. Makes no difference to me.

Bob, I'd like to have the tank if it's still available. I can pick it up with my truck whenever you finish emptying it.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    So, is there anywhere to shoot on a Monday? Unfortunately I had to let my Ike's membership expire, so they're out. All the DNR ranges are closed Mondays, so they're out. My new days off suck!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BillB If I didn't have a full day I'd help you out...

JP was packed yesterday, but still fun....

As for today, maybe go see sadclown and shoot there....

I got to go down there and get some 38 special sometime this week as I'm going to be back to back with clients this week there is going to be no time to do any reloading and I shot a bit too much yesterday sooooo need bullets for the M&S this weekend.....

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Yes go pick up that 250g container take it to the snobs house and shoot there. :)
    Gary???

Too late. The "honey do" list has been published and the shackles applied.
    The lawnmower has been fixed. Now all I have to do is go to the bank, Menard's, gas station, optometrists appointment, come home mow the yard and trim the bushes. I will however sneak in a trip to the clubhouse (don't tell the wife).
    We're going to Michigan Tuesday, maybe I'll take three or four guns with and make some noise up there.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The lawnmower has been fixed. Now all I have to do is go to the bank, Menard's, gas station, optometrists appointment, come home mow the yard and trim the bushes. I will however sneak in a trip to the clubhouse (don't tell the wife).
    We're going to Michigan Tuesday, maybe I'll take three or four guns with and make some noise up there.

How far into Michigan do you go?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I don't see Bill B's truck in the parking lot.

Nor do I see Bill B in the lounge.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I used to go to Sisters Lakes when I was a kid. Fun times.

I hit up Kingsbury on Saturday. It was far from packed. At one point the RO was about to give us control of the range, but a car load of people pulled up. Good times. My new PSA upper was working great. I had that $30 BSA holo on my saiga. It fell apart. I got to drive my buddies M3 there. We had our JBT friend tailing us. :whistle: Nothing to see here.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Infared Cameras recomendations

FWIW, I've got 20 infrared cameras watching over my house, pool, workshop, gates, fuel tanks, etc. I even use IR floodlights to extend the field of view and effective distance of the cameras at night. If it happens around my house I have a recording of it. I use multiple DVRs in multiple locations connected by cat 5 ethernet cable and have it connected to my home network. There system can expand by another 4 cameras, but I've got most areas covered by 2 camera angles now.

Sounds pretty extensive, is this something you put in yourself or was it done by a "professional"?
    What brand and type of camera's are you using... Have you heard of the HooToo Cameras? Decent?/Junk?

We are looking for this for security as well at the Range... Looking for input from those that have set these up before..

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Sounds pretty extensive, is this something you put in yourself or was it done by a "professional"?
    What brand and type of camera's are you using... Have you heard of the HooToo Cameras? Decent?/Junk?

We are looking for this for security as well at the Range... Looking for input from those that have set these up before..

Im sure bob can put you in touch with the person that installed them, in fact you have met Jeff at the lounge on cigar nights, but probably didn't know it.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    mymR8xe.jpg

I'll just leave this quality stock photo here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom