jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :xmad:
    So I want to take my dad to whiting's movie theater on Saturday night for the 7:30 godzilla showing.
    My sisters are spamming me via txt msg.

"I won't go to whiting on a sat night it's not SAFE"
    "Are you crazy whiting!"

:facepalm:
    Them i***** grew up yet close to Whiting along with me.
    I've been to that theater several times with no issues of the place.
    WTH are they talking/scared about!

I can't stand it when people who grew up in the Gettho leave it and then are all afraid to go back to it.
    :faint:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    That is the older side of town, and right next to Lake Station. While its not a bad area by any means, its not the "nice" part of Portage. The city overall is [was] a great town when I lived there, and I know they have been trying to make improvements. Seems like pretty low crime, and the schools were excellent, at least the high school was. My dad still lives over in that area (Central Rd between Dombey and Willowdale). I have heard rumors that its becoming a little more urban, but I don't know how much truth there is in that.

By the old JC's club house. Used to live by Mulberry and Monnier in the 80's. Portage has changed a lot over the years since moving there in 1975.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Need some opinions on moving to Portage with 2 Young's kids into the neighborhood near Wolfe park. I know nothing about portage other than its next to Gary, Imagination Glen BMX & Bass Pro.

Good bad and the ugly please. Any Leos from there?
    IMO, Portage is what you would expect on the border between North Lake County and Porter County, a mix of the two. Not as bad as Lake, but not as nice as other parts of Porter.

It has definitely built up a lot over the last 5 years or so, especially by Willowcreek and 6.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    IMO, Portage is what you would expect on the border between North Lake County and Porter County, a mix of the two. Not as bad as Lake, but not as nice as other parts of Porter.

It has definitely built up a lot over the last 5 years or so, especially by Willowcreek and 6.

Trying to show up Valpo. I remember when Willowcreek was a two lane road.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Need some opinions on moving to Portage with 2 Young's kids into the neighborhood near Wolfe park. I know nothing about portage other than its next to Gary, Imagination Glen BMX & Bass Pro.

Good bad and the ugly please. Any Leos from there?

Trying to show up Valpo.
    :laugh: Valpo won't let that happen.

Both of those towns have been getting more shopping locally. People got tired of going to 30 and 65 to shop. It still amazes how much they have built up over the last 10-20 years.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    :laugh: Valpo won't let that happen.

Both of those towns have been getting more shopping locally. People got tired of going to 30 and 65 to shop. It still amazes how much they have built up over the last 10-20 years.

The Illinois people have come over here in large numbers. Yes , I'm one of them and was surprised to find out friends of my aunt and uncle from Chicago had a daughter living in Portage and met her family at church. Small world.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Trap shooting this Saturday at www.glenparkiw.org if anyone is up for it. That includes first timers. If you are new to the sport, we can get you going, just show up after 12pm and ask for a 1st timer lesson in the trap house.
    Shooting starts a 10am for the rest of you and we will go till 2 or so pending on shooter demand. We will have 3 traps open - come out and shoot that shotgun! Lunch will be available in the trap house as well for a donation of your determination.
    One round of trap is $4.50 for a non-member. Shells are available on a limited basis for $6.50 a box. (one game) It would be really cool to get an INGO squad going... that's 5 shooters.
    Come check out the club and bust some clays. I'll be there the whole day. Any questions just hit me up. 219-712-101-six - Damon

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What's a 43 in a 30 going for nowadays?

Prolly $150 plus 2 pts

(insinuates jerkoff motion)

Is everybody now speaking Jedi.
    I stay away for most of the day, and I don't understand what's being said when I finally get to log on.

:xmad:
    So I want to take my dad to whiting's movie theater on Saturday night for the 7:30 godzilla showing.
    My sisters are spamming me via txt msg.

"I won't go to whiting on a sat night it's not SAFE"
    "Are you crazy whiting!"

:facepalm:
    Them i***** grew up yet close to Whiting along with me.
    I've been to that theater several times with no issues of the place.
    WTH are they talking/scared about!

I can't stand it when people who grew up in the Gettho leave it and then are all afraid to go back to it.
    :faint:

Maybe an increased chance of violence, is an increased chance of violence. Whether you grew up there or not.
    And, maybe it's gotten worse?
    A guy at work told me, "Across the street is bad. But I'm on the good side." Really? Cause bullets don't cross roads.

Wth? Liquor stockhouse by Summit and Broadway is CLOSED!

Drinking will not solve your coax wiring problem.

I've done some of my best work and don't remember how/when I did it.
    Sobering up is one of the worst things I did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom