• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    FWIW, I've got 20 infrared cameras watching over my house, pool, workshop, gates, fuel tanks, etc. I even use IR floodlights to extend the field of view and effective distance of the cameras at night. If it happens around my house I have a recording of it. I use multiple DVRs in multiple locations connected by cat 5 ethernet cable and have it connected to my home network. There system can expand by another 4 cameras, but I've got most areas covered by 2 camera angles now.
    Can you please send me links to this equipment?

Can you remote access it through smart phone?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    FWIW, I've got 20 infrared cameras watching over my house, pool, workshop, gates, fuel tanks, etc. I even use IR floodlights to extend the field of view and effective distance of the cameras at night. If it happens around my house I have a recording of it. I use multiple DVRs in multiple locations connected by cat 5 ethernet cable and have it connected to my home network. There system can expand by another 4 cameras, but I've got most areas covered by 2 camera angles now.

In that case, apologies for using your pool as a toilet. In my defense, I thought our convo.the other day constituted approval...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Can you please send me links to this equipment?

Can you remote access it through smart phone?
    No and Yes.

No links because its all professionally installed stuff, not that crap from SWAN or other big box offering. Most of those cameras are 3 generations old. Most of mine are all aluminum weatherproof and vandal resistant armored domes (you can beat them with a baseball bat).

If you want the name of the firm that installs them I'll provide you with the name/phone number of the owner, he also does my stuff at the cigar lounge, he also does alarm systems. Most of his stuff is geared for commercial and industrial locations but he will do homes. He can also do remote control gates, card access systems, digital or electronic door locks, etc.

In that case, apologies for using your pool as a toilet. In my defense, I thought our convo.the other day constituted approval...
    I have a close up of your weenie. Nothing to brag about. :laugh:

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.

Keeping an eye on the gubmint so they dont git ur stash huh? :laugh:

Edit: in due time I will be as paranoid as you are. :p

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Need some opinions on moving to Portage with 2 Young's kids into the neighborhood near Wolfe park. I know nothing about portage other than its next to Gary, Imagination Glen BMX & Bass Pro.

Good bad and the ugly please. Any Leos from there?

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Thanks bramedic. My daughter uses my wife's from time to time and we have had those issues. Now if she freaks out when we her its time to put it away she doesn't get to see it for at least a week. There are some decent educational apps and thousands of junk ones. I am not an apple fan personally. I think we will grab a pair and see if we use the other...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Need some opinions on moving to Portage with 2 Young's kids into the neighborhood near Wolfe park. I know nothing about portage other than its next to Gary, Imagination Glen BMX & Bass Pro.

Good bad and the ugly please. Any Leos from there?

That is the older side of town, and right next to Lake Station. While its not a bad area by any means, its not the "nice" part of Portage. The city overall is [was] a great town when I lived there, and I know they have been trying to make improvements. Seems like pretty low crime, and the schools were excellent, at least the high school was. My dad still lives over in that area (Central Rd between Dombey and Willowdale). I have heard rumors that its becoming a little more urban, but I don't know how much truth there is in that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom