Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Actaeon....the "check is in the mail" bit didn't work?

I did send it. I'd have to check the check register, but it was around the end of April. Sent it the same time as my mortgage.
    Apparently it's 4-6 weeks. So next time I'll send earlier. Or use someone else's paypal.
    I had to go thru and delete a couple hundred PMs, so that my box wasn't full.
    Then I decided to weed out my subscriptions, and get rid of all the useless ones.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    My wife's (soon to be) former school is giving the faculty an opportunity to buy some I pads that are 2 years old for $175. I told her to buy a couple. If we decide not to keep the second one for the kids would it be easy to get our money back through craigslist or here?? Its an I pad 2 I think and I don't know anything about these...except Jedi loves them so they must be top notch!

Jedi knows his stuff, so I agree this must be great.

I believe that price is about right. Ipad 2 is older, but functions fine. I got one for my wife a few years back and its served well.

One tip, depending on the age of your children, I'd think seriously about letting them have access to one. The few times our eldest (3 now) got some screen time with it, you could see that dull, unthinking look in her eye. Then when we would take it away....meltdown. We are very strict about her not accessing them now, so she uses her imagination like everyone did until fairly recently.

Not to mention that even the kid apps are loaded with spyware and ads.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Exactly my point and same with discovery and Animal Planet to a smaller extent.
    Looks like History is owned by A&E. The rest are all Discovery.

American Heroes Channel
    Animal Planet
    Animalist
    Destination America
    Discovery Channel
    Discovery en Español
    Discovery Familia
    Discovery Kids
    Discovery Fit & Health
    HUB
    Investigation Discovery
    Oprah Winfrey Network
    Science Channel
    TLC
    Velocity
    3net

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    You mean the American Heroes Channel?

It used to chow some of the Military stuff that History used to show. Now they seem to be moving more towards wanting to be a history channel of their own.

As long as someone is showing the actual historical stuff, I'm happy.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Perhaps you should put up some motion sensor lights? Or maybe better than that, some InfraRed Video Cameras to capture the images of the culprit that disturbed your dog, and ultimately your sleep. Might just be a raccoon.

Give me a break Bob, I just moved in.... :p My wife thought the same about the coon, but my dog wont talk about it. :dunno: :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Give me a break Bob, I just moved in.... :p My wife thought the same about the coon, but my dog wont talk about it. :dunno: :laugh:

FWIW, I've got 20 infrared cameras watching over my house, pool, workshop, gates, fuel tanks, etc. I even use IR floodlights to extend the field of view and effective distance of the cameras at night. If it happens around my house I have a recording of it. I use multiple DVRs in multiple locations connected by cat 5 ethernet cable and have it connected to my home network. There system can expand by another 4 cameras, but I've got most areas covered by 2 camera angles now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom