NW Indiana

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Jedi, I've got to check my schedule, but I might be geting some from Lafayette from some INGOers. I need a little longer to talk to my boss and coworkers.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you drive your "UTV" into a thicket of Hawthorn branches will the tires pop?

Apparently my sister-in-law doesn't think the tires on a side-by-side utility vehicle can go flat.

We have about 1000 Hawthorn trees on the property. We were out pruning off the low branches and piled them up into stacks all around the work area. Instead of driving to the edge of the work area and loading up the cargo bed with the thorn filled branches, she decided to drive into the middle of all the trimmed branches with their 1 to 1.5 inch long thorns.

Now I'm sure there is some SLIME in a couple of those tires from previous forays into the thorns, but I expect that I will have a repair project for tomorrow.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009

Apparently my sister-in-law doesn't think the tires on a side-by-side utility vehicle can go flat.

We have about 1000 Hawthorn trees on the property. We were out pruning off the low branches and piled them up into stacks all around the work area. Instead of driving to the edge of the work area and loading up the cargo bed with the thorn filled branches, she decided to drive into the middle of all the trimmed branches with their 1 to 1.5 inch long thorns.

Now I'm sure there is some SLIME in a couple of those tires from previous forays into the thorns, but I expect that I will have a repair project for tomorrow.

Yeah, UTV tires suck as far as puncture resistance, and hawthorns suck as far as pruning.
    I don't want to say she did it on purpose, but it makes you wonder.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    first case of MERS in in NWI!!! - Munster Indiana!!!!

First U.S. case of deadly MERS virus confirmed: CDC

:xmad: The guy is at community hospital right now. He came from the Middle East via London via Chicago and then took the bus to Hammond. Only bus that comes to Hammond is... :whistle: you know the one by Cabela's.

Got to love this from the article...
    The CDC declined to identify the patient by name or say where he was being treated. It also declined to say on which airlines or bus line the patient traveled. Schuchat said the CDC was working with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to contact individuals who may have been exposed to the patient during his travels.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah, UTV tires suck as far as puncture resistance, and hawthorns suck as far as pruning.
    I don't want to say she did it on purpose, but it makes you wonder.

Joe, I seem to recall you driving my tractor over a board with nails in it and driving away with the board stuck to the rear tire!

Did you teach my sister-in-law how to use this stuff?

BTW, haven't seen you in a while! What's up!

First U.S. case of deadly MERS virus confirmed: CDC

:xmad: The guy is at community hospital right now. He came from the Middle East via London via Chicago and then took the bus to Hammond. Only bus that comes to Hammond is... :whistle: you know the one by Cabela's.

Got to love this from the article...
    The guy is a doctor who lives in Munster.

The odds of this spreading are virtually ZERO. He's in isolation and poses no real risk to anyone.

From what they have figured out the only way to catch MERS is to come into close contact with an infected person. As in they SNEEZE on you, kiss you on the mouth, etc.

Odds of any transmission on the O'Hare bus are also near zero. He wasn't sick until a few days after he got home, so if there is any spreading it will be to his immediate family and then only if he kissed them on the mouth, etc.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

So your saying you have a helper to repair the tires and you get to sit and point?:dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone going to either
    Lafayette
    or
    Ft. Wayne any time in the next 3 weeks?

We have one donor in Lafayette for the YOUTH DAY with ammo.
    We have a potential seller in Ft. Wayne as well. (I have a member willing to buy that ammo for us but we need to get it to us)

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom