• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Mother in law has been talking about extending the fenced-in run around her chicken coop for a while. I built her a small enclosed top/bottom/sides run so if they were out of town or whatever, the chickens didnt' need to be locked in the coop all day, they'd have a small outdoor space to safely play. She would leave the gate on the enclosed run open during the day, but after their new neighbors moved in, the neighbors dog attacked her birds (and the thread about my brother in law's little dog getting attacked) So they stayed locked up for a while. Then she started telling the neighbor to lock up the dog so she could let the chickens out. Well, a coopers or redtail decided to feast. So ever since then, my mother in law has left their chickens "cooped up" in a 6x4x5 l/w/h run and the 2x4x4 l/w/h coop.

In laws are in Kentucky for a church or school group thing, I dunno. All I know is they're gone, and don't have cell service, and not coming back till the weekend.

So, for mothers day I'm building an entirely enclosed run add-on. Floor, walls and cieling all fenced in. Just got done digging/leveling the plot and digging post holes.

She'll never let them 'free range" again after the hawk attack (she watched it happen, but wouldn't even consider shooting the predator as it feasted..)

I really enjoy doing "back burner" projects for people while they're outta town. Yet my house is horribly unfinished, I don't even have baseboard trim up in half the house, most of the casing is unpainted. It's just more fun on someone elses house.

Similarly, my parents were talking about getting chickens for years. Two years ago I got sick of hearing about how much they like our chickens/coop and gave them one for Christmas. A 8x12x10 l/w/h coop with a 200' perimeter fenced run and a 16x4x6 enclosed run area. But they don't want more than a dozen birds at a time... argh. Gonna dump some birds off at their house soon. I've got a 5x7x5 l/w/h coop with a 100' run and 30 happy birds.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Probably selling a few guns soon.
    I have 3 handguns, I'll be keeping one.
    Letting you guys know otherwise it will go up on the classifieds.
    Ruger Super Redhawk 9.5 inch bbl in .44 Mag with a Burris 2x scope
    Ruger SR1911 .45acp. Has not been down anybody's pants
    Kimber ultra carry II .45 acp

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Probably selling a few guns soon.
    I have 3 handguns, I'll be keeping one.
    Letting you guys know otherwise it will go up on the classifieds.
    Ruger Super Redhawk 9.5 inch bbl in .44 Mag with a Burris 2x scope
    Ruger SR1911 .45acp. Has not been down anybody's pants
    Kimber ultra carry II .45 acp

Shame. That **** hair trigger can make it a lot more valuable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom