• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The new pressure treated lumber is very corrosive to metals. I redecked my trailer about 5 years ago with pressure treated lumber. After purchasing I air dried my lumber for about a month. After I felt it had dried out I primered and painted it with the best oil based paint I could get. I also repainted the trailer frame with rustoleum for rusty metal. It is holding up very well and doesn't seem to be rusting the trailer

Thanks, I forgot about the issue with treated lumber and metal. used to do new home construction with concrete walls and we had to go to galvanized "L" bolts for the sill plates.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Rhino sucks too. We have it on the bed of our Dodge and it peeled off.

I imagine you will find good and bad experiences with all of them
    If you have an air compressor you can buy rubberized 2 part epoxy, mix it yourself and spray it on for about 1/4 of the price. Use an 'undercoating' spray gun (they are about $10) and just throw it away instead of cleaning up the mess inside it.

I sprayed the bottom of my snowcat with it and it worked great. Then I sprayed the inner floor of the snowcat too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you have an air compressor you can buy rubberized 2 part epoxy, mix it yourself and spray it on for about 1/4 of the price. Use an 'undercoating' spray gun (they are about $10) and just throw it away instead of cleaning up the mess inside it.

I sprayed the bottom of my snowcat with it and it worked great. Then I sprayed the inner floor of the snowcat too.

And which paint did you use?

2, 754 days left.
    Spent the AM chasing 2 bosses down and wondering why they're telling everyone I'm not doing my job.
    Left work yesterday 1:30 pm. Variable Width Mold was not unlocked till 3 pm.
    So how was I supposed to calibrate it with safety locks installed?

Day got better when I opened a box with a new Draeger carbon monoxide detector.
    Shiny.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Rhino sucks too. We have it on the bed of our Dodge and it peeled off.

I imagine you will find good and bad experiences with all of them

I bet you got yours done in Valpo by the Harley dealer didn't you? I used to think it sucked and then I saw how a good spray job is.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And which paint did you use?
    Its not paint. Its a 2 part epoxy that has a bunch of ground up rubber in it. Basically its a knock off of RhinoLiner and/or Line-X. You can buy it on-line and even on Ebay.

When you buy it it comes in 2 cans, plus a bag of rubber. You mix it in small batches and spray it on. But you need a sprayer that the rubber won't clog the nozzle.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I'll just leave this here...

How Do I Get Herculiner Off of My Hootus?! - Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations"®

:lmfao:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I'm not exactly understanding the need for a rhino type spray.
    In a truck bed, yes.
    But on a trailer that has wood flooring????
    Its not needed, and if your boards are indexed in some sort of a grove to hold them in place they probably won't fit due to the thickness of the liner material. If you need to weld on your trailer you will then have a bit of a mess.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thank goodness my LEGO are not kept at *THAT* chase bank!
    :)

That is rather bold of the person to do in broad daylight but I guess it's easy access to the highway and back to IL or towards Gary/Porter county from that branch location. Bank robbery with a gun. If they catch him it will be the book for him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom